The Real Piers

"I don't think you should walk home this late, how about you stay with me?"

"No no! It's okay, I really don't mind walking."

Piers refused to let you and started leading you back to his apartment. He actually did not live within his district which was very odd for a gym leader but closer to the main stadium. You walked up to his apartment building which was VERY nice. Probably the nicest in the region. A door man opened the heavy door and turned on the elevator for the two of you.

"This is very nice." You commented as you ran your hands over the marble elevator walls.

"Yes, I would have to agree."

The elevator stopped on the 12th floor and you noticed there was only one door in the entire hall.

"YOU LIVE IN THE PENTHOUSE?"

Piers quickly shushed you and nodded, taking out his keys and opening the front door, pushing you inside.

"My dad got it for me." He grumbled, throwing down his keys and wallet into a small dish shaped like a skull. You were so intrigued by the fact he lived in a penthouse that you didn't even notice the huge windows in the main living room.

"Wow." You mumbled, walking over to the window and looking out. You could see everything, including the dull colorful glow from your gym. It was stunning.

"Nice huh?" Piers comes up beside you and presses a hand to the glass. You nodded and took your eyes over to him. He seemed to shine in the lights from the streets below. Your heart seemed to skip a beat for a second before you quickly shook your head and squatted down to start untying your heels.

"If you want I can draw up a bath." Piers suggested as he kicked off his own shoes. You nodded and quietly thanked him as you stepped out of your shoes, losing your extra inches.

"Alright, I will do that and leave you be."

He gave you a small smile and made his way to what you presumed to be a bathroom. You walked around the room, looking at the various albums hanging in thick, black frames. He seemed to really take his music seriously which you could appreciate. His music was similar to what you usually listened to, heavy rocks and metals but he didn't need to know that. Piers soon came back and showed you the way to the bathroom.

"If you need anything I'll be out here, take as much time as you need."

You thanked him again and closed the door, taking in the sweet aroma coming from the bath. He had been kind enough to go ahead and add various salts. You decided to quickly wash your hair in the shower part of the room and wrap it up tightly with a clip you found laying around. After your hair was squeaky clean you climbed into the steaming bath and sank in. The warm water felt nice on your aching muscles. Finally, you would get a nice long month break from it all and this was a nice way to start.

You were knocked out of your trance from a knock on the door who you assumed to be Piers.

"Yes?"

He peaked his hand into the door holding a large towel and a bundle of clothes.

"You can use these for this evening." He set them on the counter and quickly shut the door back. You smiled and sat in the bath a little bit longer until you felt the water turning cold. You pulled the plug and stepped onto the black fluffy bath rug and grabbed the towel. It was enormous as you dried your body and hair off and started picking up the clothes to wear. You just decided to put your undergarments back on and start putting on the clothes. It was a large, oversized t-shirt and a pair of small shorts. You slipped them on and stared at yourself in the mirror. You had worn black maybe twice and it was weird to see yourself in such dark colors. The shirt slipped off your shoulders and you rolled off your eyes at how cliche this all was. You walked out of the bathroom and found Piers sitting in a love chair, flipping through a book. You walked around and sat on the couch across from him, tucking your legs underneath you.

"Was your bath nice?" He asked without looking up from what he was reading.

"Very, thank you so much." He nodded and finished the paragraph he was reading and then dog eared his page, tossing it onto the side table beside him.

"Would you like me to do your hair for you?"

You raised a quizzingly eyebrow but nodded, interested in what he was going to do.

"Come here." He tapped the floor with his foot, gesturing for you to sit in front of him as he dug into a drawer, retrieving a bag.

You walked over and laid your back against his legs as he took out a small comb and brush.

"I know it always makes me feel better to have my hair done after a long day."

He sprayed some sweet smelling mist onto your scalp and began brushing out your long, light pink hair. You sighed happily and leaned into his touch as he brushed your hair over and over, tightening your part with the comb every so often. You could have fallen asleep if your heart wasn't beating out of your chest. You were surprised he couldn't hear it. He brushed your hair for a few more minutes and then packed everything back up, softly laying a hand on your head.

"Are you okay to sleep on the couch?" Piers asked as he stood up and opened an ottoman with blankets and pillows.

"Yeah that's fine, thank you."

He set up the couch with the plush blankets and wished you a goodnight as you crawled in. You hadn't realized how tired you were until your head hit the pillows and you were out like a light. You were sleeping soundly until a crack of thunder shook you and lighting lit up the living room. You let out a yelp and dove under the covers, softly shaking as the thunder kept going. It rarely stormed here so you felt uncomfortable when a storm came through. Tears welled through your eyes as you shakily stood up and started walking to Piers room. You didn't want to wake him but you didn't want to be alone.

You went up to his door and softly knocked.

"Piers?"

A few seconds later the door opened with a bewildered Piers, his hair sticking up every which way.

"Hey, are you okay?" He stretched a bit and leaned against the door frame, concerned in his dark eyes.

Another boom of thunder shook the house and you whimpered, wrapping your arms around yourself.

"Ahhh." Piers wrapped an arm around your shoulders and led you into his room, switching on his bedside lamp. His room was actually very bright and modern. Black and white decked the walls and multiple pictures of him and Marnie. It was wholesome.

"Do you want to listen to some music?" He walked over to a speaker set and you nodded. He smiled and turned on one of his own albums, setting the volume low.

"Are you always this scared of storms?" He asked as he sat on his bed, gesturing for you to sit beside him.

You crawled onto the huge bed and nodded. You had to admit, he was very good at picking comfy furniture, you sank right in once you sat down, almost losing your balance. Piers gave you a pat on the back and laid back against the headboard, listening to the music and humming along. Usually if someone listened to their own music you would think them to be egotistical and self centered. When Piers did it though, you felt the love he had for his creations. He had pride in what he made and produced and that was honorable. You sleepily yawned and curled up in the middle of the bed, mumbling along to the music; you loved Piers music. It was a mix of everything you listened to.

"I didn't know you listened to this shit." Piers said, laying on his stomach beside you, closer than ever.

"Y-yeah. I really like rock."

Piers laughed and put his face into the bed, his muffled laughter shaking you.

"I wouldve never thought the princess liked hard core rock music. I assumed you listened to orchestral pieces."

You grimaced and shook your head. Who even liked that kind of music?

"So you're telling me when you are bopping your head along you are listening to grown men screaming?"

You nodded and giggled.

"God, I like you more already."

The two of you laughed, making your fears from earlier melt away. You had never been more awake so deep into the night, you didn't even feel tired anymore. You felt an energy like you had never felt before, nor could you explain it.