High Tensions

The rest of the day seemingly DID get worse. The air thickened in a matter of hours and heavy rain started to pour around the time you went back to your room to Raihan who looked very worried. You explained to him what happened and even he looked confused about the whole matter and quickly

apologized. He didn't SEEM to have cruel intentions, maybe he was just stupid on the matter. But, you decided to be wary of what he said. The 6 of you were going to go to dinner but the rain halted that and you all decided to order separately and pack in for the night. It was supposed to be a quick rain shower and disappear by the morning which you dreamed to be true until the thunder started. You were quietly eating your pizza when the wind picked up and a crack of thunder shook you to your core.

You whimpered and set your piece back on the plate, hating this storm already. Raihan on the other hand was passed out for the evening, it was only 9 but he was fast asleep with an eye mask on. You quickly ate the rest of your pizza and placed the plate into the dishwasher, quickly washing your hands. Your hair laid in thick curls from the salt water as you were decked out in your pink and green pajamas. As another shock of thunder went through you your phone began to ring, scaring you even more. You quickly picked it up and answered it, putting it to your ear.

"Come over." Piers' voice spoke sleepily through the receiver. You didn't have to say anything as you sat down your phone and slid a pair of slippers on, running through the hall over to Piers room.

Kabu was out at a parlor seeing some old friends so it was Piers who answered the door this time. He had a pair of flannel pajama bottoms and a black robe overtop, no shirt on.

"You okay?" He asked as he pulled you inside and helped you take your shoes off.

You nodded and flinched as the windows lit up with lightning. You felt nice that Piers had remembered that you didn't like storms and went calling you at the start of one.

"I was already in bed so I might head back, would you like to join me?"

You smiled and dashed to his bed, throwing yourself in it. A sleepover with Piers? Sounded like a thrill.

"Scoot over weirdo." Piers pushed you to the far left, away from the windows and slid in beside you pulling the heavy duvet over the both of you. It was so warm and cozy you almost forgot about the storm.

"You wanna come here?" Piers lifted up the blanket and you scooted closer to him, feeling the warmth from his chest. Why was he so warm? You lightly pressed your face into his chest and snuggled closer. He was so warm it was intoxicating, you wanted to be closer to him.

"Come here idiot." He wrapped his arms tightly around you and pulled you all the way against him, your bodies fully touching each other. Your face burned red and you hoped he didn't notice the comparison between your cheeks and his chest. You closed your eyes and listened to Piers as he started to hum, feeling the vibrations in his chest. You must have been lulled to sleep fairly quickly as you didnt wake up until the sunshine was pouring through the blinds.

You groaned softly and looked up to see you were still wrapped around Piers, his black and white hair sticking up every which way. You attempted to fall back asleep until you heard three sharp knocks on the door. Maybe it was just a wakeup call or something, you decided to ignore it until the taps turned into thuds.

"God fucking damnit I'm coming." Piers shuffled out of the bed and to the store hastily and opened it to see an angry Raihan, still decked in his pajamas.

"Where is she." He pushed past Raihan and you quickly closed your eyes and pretended to be asleep.

"Wow good job for waking her up."

Raihan sat on the edge of the bed and shook you softly.

"Hmmm?" You turned over and looked at Raihan who had a dark expression in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving last night? You scared the fuck out of me."

You sleepily rubbed your eyes and sat up.

"I was scared last night and you were asleep." You mumbled.

Raihan softened a bit and patted down your bed head.

"Why didn't you just wake me up? I would've let you lay with me."

You shrugged and yawned, shrugging off the heavy blankets and throwing your legs over the side of the bed.

"Sorry I worried you."

You found your slippers and quickly put them on as you stood up and stretched.

"If you weren't an idiot and knew things, you would have known she was scared." Piers hissed as he pulled his hair into a low ponytail with multiple stray aways.

"How the hell was I supposed to know?" Raihan argued back. It was like listening to two parents go back and forth at each other.

You let them bicker a bit more as you gave Piers a soft pat on the back and grabbed Raihan's wrist to pull him out of the room. You closed the door behind the two of  you and dragged him in silence as he kept going on and on. It was like a cat and a dog and it was utterly annoying. You got back to your room which was left ajar and opened it with your foot, letting go of Raihan and kicking off your shoes.

"I'm sorry! I thought you were hurt."

You ignored him and went to go get changed. You had planned on snorkeling and wanted to head out early. You grabbed the one full piece bathing suit that you had and slammed the closet door, quickly changing into it.

"You're not my keeper." You said as you opened the door to Riahan who was standing right in front of you.

"I know but I don't want you hurt by Piers."

You rolled your eyes and pushed past him to start braiding your hair in the mirror.

"Piers isn't going to hurt me. I am smart, I always have a guard up. I'm not a child!" You cried out as you started getting flustered doing your hair. You slammed the brush down and stared down at the sink.

Raihan picked up the brush and softly brushed out your hair and started braiding it for you. He didn't speak but slowly did an intricate braid to keep your hair tight.

"I know I shouldn't worry like that and I'm sorry. I just care a lot about you."

"I know you do. I'm sorry I'm so stupid."

Raihan tied off your hair and turned you around to face him, gently kissing your forehead.

"You arent stupid, you just have a big and sensitve heart."

You nodded and stood there for a moment, thinking about the last events over the previous day. You felt stuck.

"Now head down and have fun. I will be right behind you and bring down everything."