Salty Piers

~~~Y/N POV~~~

You nervously sat on the counter watching Raihan looking over the rising bump on your forehead. You felt awful that you interrupted him especially while he was half NAKED. You had never seen someone like that with your own eyes and it was terrifying. You could still feel the heat in your cheeks as he patted your shoulder and set you down back on the floor.

"How about you go get dressed and we will head down to the beach? It's only like 9:30."

You nodded and walked to the closet, actually shutting the door and put on the blue and orange bathing suit that Raihan seemed so fond of. You paired it with a silk cover up skirt and just went without a proper shirt. It was the tropics, no one wore clothes right?

You pulled your hair into a high ponytail as you walked out of the closet to an awaiting Raihan. He looked up at you and this time his cheeks were the ones that were red. You couldn't understand why though, he had already seen you in the same exact outfit earlier in the week. You pulled out a pair of sandals from the shoe rack and slipped them onto your feet.

"Are you ready to head out?"

Raihan nodded and slid his own sandals on, grabbing two towels to take down with the two of you. As soon as you opened the door you were hit with a ball of sun and heat. It already felt miserable outside.

"It's so hot!" You whined as you trudged down the stairs behind Raihan who somehow took three at a time DOWN. You were highly jealous of his incredibly long legs and gihed as you began to run down them just to keep up.

"It literally isn't. It feels so nice!"

He looked up into the cloudless sky once you reached the sandy path down to the beach. You could hear the crash of the soft waves and your heart skipped a beat. You were ecstatic and couldn't wait to get in. You led the way this time, skipping lightly as you walked. As soon as you hit the warm sand you felt your knees almost buckle at the sight. It was astonishing. You haven't felt this way in such a long time and it was just so beautiful.

"Race you there."

Raihan threw his shoes off and shoved them into a cupboard and started sprinting. You scoffed and did the same, trying to run to catch up with him. Of course, he won. How could he have not? He was more than a foot taller than you and his legs were basically the size of your whole body.

"Looks like you lost."

Raihan splashed water at you. You were expecting it to be cold but it felt wonderful, you waded out to your knees and sighed in content. You were more than glad that Nessa had taught you to swim or this would not have been fun in any way.

"Well funny seein y'all here!" Milo and Piers came over to the two of you, Milo wearing a bright green pair of swimming trunks without a shirt and Piers wearing black swimming trunks and a black tank top. Very typical of him.

"It's almost like we're on vacation with each other." You laughed and walked a bit towards Piers who dared to look at you. You really couldn't tell if you had upset him with bringing up the subject or if Raihana did. No matter who, you still felt very bad about it and wanted to apologize.

"Hey. I'm sor-"

"Shut up." Piers hissed, still not looking over at you. You definitely upset him.

"No I will not shut up. I'm sorry if I upset you. It really wasn't my intention."

"I don't care. Go cry to your little boyfriend."

You kicked water at him and pushed him away from Milo and Raihan who were chatting up a storm.

"Don't you dare pull that card. We aren't dating, I don't like him. Fairly enough, I really liked you until you started being a huge DICK towards me."

Piers' glare haltered as he looked down at you. You were fuming.

"I- I didn't know that."

"Of course you didn't. You are so filled with dark and edginess to even understand the simplicity of human kindness."

You looked away from him and towards the beach, seeing the rest of your friends start to walk down to the sand. Did they assume that you and Piers were arguing due to your stance? That you guys had a huge argument?

"I'm sorry." He grumbled, kicking at the hard sand under the water.

"Yeah well, thanks I guess."

You turned away and went back to Milo and Raihan who were examining a baby crab in the water. You returned like nothing happened but you could sense Raihan knew every word that you had said. You hated it. You hated this drama, you just wanted to return to normal where you secluded yourself and simply sat in your gym wasting away. You were completely lost in your thoughts until Raihan wrapped an arm around your waist.

"The waves are going to scoop you away."

You nodded, still completely blanked out and wrapped yourself around his waist, burying your face into his side. He laughed a bit more and patted your head, leaning close to your ear.

"Don't worry about him. He is just being a baby."

You knew it, he did know. How couldn't he have? It was more obvious than a pikachu being yellow. You sighed and stood up straight again.

"Will you put this with the towels?" You unbuckled the wrap around your waist and handed it to Riahan.