Rainy Nights, Sunny Days

"What if we went into the rain?"

Your eyes widened as Piers stood up off the bed and walked to his closet.

"No thank you. I would rather not get sicker than a dog."

He rolled his eyes and threw a large hoodie at you, hitting you in the face.

"It is 80 degrees outside. The rain won't make you sick."

You hesitantly stood on your knees, still on the bed and pulled the hoodie on, it automatically flowed down your thighs as you scooted off the bed and onto your feet.

"I don't have proper shoes though." You followed Piers outside of his bedroom as he shoved a jacket on and grabbed his keys.

"It's more fun without shoes."

He grabbed your hand and led you down the hall to a staircase, explaining that the elevators were closed this late at night. It was only 4am which you guessed would be early rather than late. You walked down what felt like thousands of stairs and to the front door. It was pouring rain, it came down in heavy sheets. You would drown if you ever tried to go out in that.

"Ladies first."

Piers twirled you in front of him and pushed you out the door, you becoming automatically soaked in the downpour.

"HEY!" You yelled as you spun around trying to find him.

"Shhh, people are asleep." He grabbed your hand and brought you further into the rain, even pulling you out into the road.

"We're going to get hit." You whisper-yell.

Piers put a finger to your lips, quieting you and took your hands in his, spinning you. You quietly giggled as the two of you spun around, the rain pouring over you and the hood, hopefully your hair wasn't going to get wet, Piers sure was. You had never felt so alive then you did in this moment. Maybe Piers wasn't the scary rockstar everyone painted him out to be. He was giggling like a school girl while dancing in the rain with a girl. You took a mental picture to save for later, hoping you would never forget this memory.

"It isn't too bad, right?" Piers asked.

Suddenly a crack of thunder shook the sky itself and you jumped into Piers arms, clinging onto his wet frame. He chuckled and held you to him, softly swaying trying to comfort you as you held onto his waist and buried your face into his chest.

"You're okay, the thunder can't hurt you. It's kind of like a bass spike."

He made a fair point but you were still scared out of your mind. You almost wanted to go inside but you didn't want this to end just yet. You took a deep breath and pulled yourself from him, clenching your fists. Piers smiled at your sudden spark of bravery and patted your hooded head. The two of you dashed up and down the street, sliding in a mud puddle with your bare feet. Luckily it was so warm so you didn't feel any chillier than usual. Finally Piers decided it was time to go inside, basically having to drag you in. You were having so much fun and you didn't want it to end. The two of you climbed the flights of stairs again, almost slipping a few times due to how wet you were. You finally got back into Piers apartment, collapsing against the wall while the two of you kept laughing.

"I never thought I would have so much fun with a rain storm." Piers chuckled and shrugged off the wet coat and hung it up to dry. You followed suit, pulling off the hood and sliding the soaked hoodie off. You were soaked to the bone and shivering. You really didn't care though, adrenaline was warming you up.

"I will make some coffee, go into my room and grab whatever you want to wear that's actually dry."

You nodded and shuffled to the bedroom that was still lit up and playing music and opened up the closet doors. You hadn't realized before he had a whole walk in the closet. You tiptoed in awe and ran your hands across all the articles of clothing. You really just wanted a tshirt and shorts again but there were hundreds of things to choose from. You opened a drawer labeled "shirts" and pulled out a large band tee (which was the only thing he seemed to wear and dug around some more until you found a pair of shorts. You quickly stripped off the wet clothes and pulled the dry ones on, sighing in relief. You found a dirty clothes hamper and shoved the clothes in. You wandered back to the kitchen and found Piers sipping out of a mug.