One

"Anger management"

"Anger management"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter One: I Need A Hero
1x01:Pilot

Sometimes the biggest challenge that we face is getting up in the morning. That first breath when you wake up isn't the problem, it's putting your feet on the floor and getting up out of bed, that's the issue. For some, it's quick and easy to wake up, use the bathroom, brush your teeth, take a shower, and get ready for the day. For others it's hours in bed contemplating life choices.

Delia got up, and got ready for the day, playing the morning playlist. She walked over to her whiteboard and erased yesterday's quote. Picking a popsicle stick from the jar and scribbling today's affirmation. "I am powerful", satisfied she nods her head at the affirmation and collects her bags dropping a few leaves of lettuce in Lyonell's direction before sprinting out the door.

She parked her car a few blocks away from her job because parking in L. A was just as bad as the traffic. She didn't mind walking and after an hour she was finally at her destination.

"Morning, Henny." She lets out a sigh, her usually toothy grin plastered on her face.

"Hi Goldie, How is it going?"

Henrietta (Hen) Wilson was a badass. She was funny, honest and one of the members of firehouse 118. She had tough skin and unwavering determination. Also part of The Wonder Twins with Delia, the two got coined that name because whenever they worked together, everything seemed to flow together with wonder and ease. That and they were basically like Wonder woman

"It's going good, last night was crazy, I got three cases of the flu, a man got stabbed with a fork, and I pulled four legos out of a kid's nose."

Delia worked at a small non-profit free clinic. She had dreams of becoming a big-shot doctor in Seattle at one point. But things changed.

"Ohh, why did he get stabbed with a fork?" Hen perked up, closing her locker. She was already dressed in her gear and was pulling on her boots at the

"His wife found him sleeping with her sister, so she got all dressed up, made him a nice dinner, and when she confronted him she stabbed him right in his leg with a fork."

"That's what he gets for being a cheater." She sings leaving the locker room as Delia laughs, closing her locker. She finishes getting ready, buttoning up her shirt and tucking it in, and carries her boots up over to the bench and begins putting them on before wrapping her log lack knots into a tight bun and securing it with a hair elastic. She sighed taking a deep breath

"I am powerful." she sighs before opening her eyes and staring at herself in the mirror.

"I am powerful," she repeats to herself, before leaving the locker room.