Fourteen

"I'm okay"

"I'm okay"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️
Chapter Fourteen: The End is Near.
3x18: What's Next

Delia was standing in the kitchen prepping food that hopefully she would be able to make before the bell rang, Buck was sitting at the bar on a chair and Eddie was timing Hen for Mcats  with his watch.

"Summer camp?"

" That's all he can talk about. Some of the other kids from school are going." Eddie sucks in breath. "It's only two weeks."

" Time." He yells walking over to grade it.

" Whoa, whoa. Two weeks away from home? Isn't Chris kind of young for that? I mean, what if something happens? What if he gets homesick?" Buck explains, a bit panicked at the thought.

" I'm pretty sure I brought in the brochure so you guys can make me feel better about him going."

" Clearly, you did not think that plan through to its logical conclusion."

" I started going to sleepaway camp when I was 8. I loved it. Camp Weegeewagen." Eedee-idee-odee-ooh-hoo!" Bobby yodels. "I look forward to it every year."

"Please never do that again." Delia mutters

"Yeah, but Christopher's a city kid."

" So was I. St. Paul is a city."

" If you say so" Chimney mutters as Buck starts laughing.

" I'm just trying to imagine trying to sell Denny on the idea of two weeks without the internet."

" It's pretty exciting. They even have this farm-to-fork program where the kids pick veggies and cook 'em for dinner." Eddie explains as Delia nods approvingly

" That sounds a lot like child labor." Buck reaches into the Pot where Delia is cooking and she smacks his hand away. As Eddie stacks up all of the test papers handing it to Hen. 

" Damn it! I gotta get above a 511."

" 504 is pretty good." Eddie says as Delia nods in agreement.

" Getting into medical school at this point in my life is hard enough. I can't afford to be an average applicant."

" Hey, there is nothing average about you. You just started studying this. Give yourself a break"

" Yeah. Hey, come on. You are gonna rock the MCATs." Buck encourages with a smile.

"Look, I have all my Old flash cards. I will go through my basement and dig them out for you don't sweat it." Delia smiles as Hen taps her pen against the table.

"What did you get on your Mcats?"

"It doesn't matter, what Matters is that you are doing this and you are going to pass." Delia looks up from her pot to see Hen giving her that famous Henrietta lip purse and stare down before looking around all eyes were on her. She sighs before scratching the back of her neck. "519" she coughs trying to cover the words.