Twenty Two

"You are enough"

"You are enough"

⛔️Trigger Warning ⛔️
Chapter Twenty-Two: This is Who we are
2x18: This Life We Choose

When you lose someone the world around you doesn't seem to matter anymore. Time seems longer.

There are things that you must know when it comes to grief, it comes and it goes. But you will always feel it, even when you think about the days when you were happy. It creeps up on you like a thief in the night.

Grief will pass but that loss won't ever leave you. Life is unsure, you have an unsure amount of days and that's the biggest gamble of them all.

Waking up every day and knowing that you could die is scary, but if we don't do it, if we don't give it a try, then who will? Life is full of what if's and empty promises but all we can do is live, all we can do is wake up every day and do what we love, until we can't anymore, until our body tells us it's time and some of us will be able to accept it and some of us won't but all we can do is live right here and right now.

And right now the 118 was called to Brookside elementary for a potential bomb call.

"All right, everyone, as close and as tight to the truck as you can be." Buck orders as Delia help a group of kids and teachers pile as close as they can up the fire truck.

" All right, stay tucked in, stay tucked in. You guys are doing great. Thank you." Chim, who was recently promoted to captain, was also helping as well. Boby was under investigation for the stuff that happened back in Minnesota and rather than bring in some new guy he decided to bring on Chim instead which was troubling at first he let all the power go to his head but after a while, he mellowed out. Delia and Buck told Bobby they were dating because well they were venting and they needed his advice which he of course gave to the couple who he also promised he wouldn't tell anyone until they were ready.

"Teacher spotted it out there after recess. Nobody claimed it." Athena walked up to the crew as Delia gathered in between Hen and buck.

"Yeah, but it's not a package. I thought this guy sent his bombs through the mail."

" Maybe he changed his M.O." Chim quipped with a shrug as Delia shook her head. She wanted nothing more than to find this asshole.

" Or inspired some other crazy," Athena commented as they watched the bomb tech walk over to the backpack.

" All units, be advised! Fire in the hole" The bomb squad unit chief yells over a megaphone as the 118 begins instructing the students and teachers to stay down and tuck themselves into each other.