Three

"I do"

"I do"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️
Chapter Three: Holding on by a Hope
4x04: 9-1-1 What's Your Grievance?

Delia was tired, they had recently just come back from texas and she had a bit of trouble sleeping, and she was still working at the hospital even though everyone wanted her not too. She was still there for everyone, still taking on more than she could handle. They were called the acne of or a DOA

"Don't think you're gonna be needing those med kits." Bobby says as the rest of the 118 walk up.

"Yeah, Crime Scene unit on the way. We just need to get medical confirmation that she's dead."

" On it. Excuse me" Chimney says walking pass Buck Delia gives him a strange look as does Buck.

"Uh, did you just say "excuse me"? Chimney's being weird." Buck whispers to Eddie

" How can you tell?" Eddie asks as Buck perks up like a dog.

"Ooh, ooh, hey, whoever killed her kicked that gate in good. Saw a clean footprint on it." Buck says eagerly as Delia rolls her eyes.

"Well, that foot would be mine. The gate was latched shut from the inside. Front door was locked too."

"If everything was locked when you got here, how'd the murderer get in or out?"

" It's a locked-room mystery." Buck's eyes go wide as Delia pinches the bridge of her nose.

" A locked-yard mystery. What do you think? Home invasion gone bad? murder for hire."

" Was she married? 'Cause... you know. The husband is usually the culprit." Buck explains as Delia looks at her watch really wanting this entire situation to be over.

"Are we making a true crime podcast?" Athena mocks, annoyed by the two men already.

"Calling it... definitely some signs of struggle. Looks like a fresh manicure, too."

" Guessing that the broken nail would have bugged her less than the bullet hole."

"You got an ID for the paperwork? Yeah, the victim's name is Delia Narwood. She's the owner and sole occupant of the property." Detective Rick walks in as everyone looks at Delia; he trips over a garden gnome by the pool while Eddie is looking around" And a... apparent fan of tiny garden statuary."

"Crazy, her name is Delia, your name is Delia." Buck whispers to his girlfriend and she doesn't need to see his face to know he has that smirk on it. She just rolls her eyes.

"How you doin', Rick?" Bobby asks as Rick smiles under his mask, you can tell by how his eyes scrunch up.

" Nice to see ya, Bobby."

" Hey, you know, none of this mail is addressed to Delia Narwood... it's not even the right house number."

" So she was stealing people's mail. Maybe she saw something she wasn't supposed to... and it got her killed."