Nine

"It's amber, not ember you idiot"

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter Nine: Out With the old in the New.
1x10 A Whole New You

Who are you? Are you the same person you've always been? If you'd asked me fifteen years ago, I would have had an easy answer. But a pulmonary embolism came in the middle of the night, taking my mother and my certainty. Before I would have said that I'd been losing my mother for years, as an illness stripped away the person she once was, but maybe the truth is... I'm the one who disappeared in slow motion. Her things tell the story of who she was, who she was proud to be: a wife, and a mother. I see her so clearly. It's my reflection that's become hazy.

Delia runs up the stairs behind Chim and Bobby, Hen wasnt on the shift yet and Buck was taking a break. Abby's mom died and he was trying to be there for her. Delia stopped seeing George; they got into a fight after she discovered hidden cameras around her apartment. She assumed it was George, he always needed to know what she was doing, who she was seeing, and where she was at all times.

Besides, the only other person who was at her house beside him was Hen why should bug her place? George of course denied everything and she only grew pissed. She checked her entire house that night every nook and cranny, she was determined to make the best of it. She hadn't mentioned the cameras to anyone But Hen, who told her to go to the police. She didn't want to though she found all the cameras and got rid of them and cut all ties with George. What more needs to be done?

"Domestic call. Guy got into it with his wife. Claims she threw a picture frame at his head." Officer Reece stands at the top of the stairs, hands secured on her belt.

" I'm not claiming anything. That's what happened. Look, forget about me. Something is going on with my wife."

" Sir, just relax, we have to take a look at your head. Doesn't look too bad, does it, Chim?"

" No. Couple stitches. Easy-peasy. Let me clean it up first." Chim sets his bag down on the top of the stairs getting supplies out. While Delia shines a pen light in his eyes. His wife comes back from the rooms upstairs with Athena. 

"David, the bobbies are asking if I want to press charges."

"The "bobbies"? Baby, there is something wrong with you."

"Ma'am, you don't have to decide right now. We can take him..."

"No, Officer, you don't understand." He stands up as Chim moves back and Delia and officer Reece grab the man trying to sit him back down.