Three

"Your hair smells like Tangerines

"Your hair smells like Tangerines."

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️

Chapter Three: The Hardy Boys
1X04:Worst Day Ever

Delia was tired that night. She was taking on her shift, on three hours of sleep. Which was not good, she's done a lot more on a lot less. She let out another yawn, as she stirred the chicken and peppers around in the pan on the stove. Buck picks up a pepper out of the pan sneakily and she yawns again smacking him on the head as he groans and rubs the sore spot.

"Really? If you want some, just ask." She pointed the wooden spoon at him as he shrugged.

" I'm good. I already ate."

" You still owe me 20 bucks, Buck. Don't think I'm-a forget." Hen speaks up from the counter.

"For what?"

" For the damn cookie bouquet that I delivered to Chimney. The one with the get well card that I watched you sign."

" He's doing it again." Buck ignores Hen's words entirely.

" What? Eating dinner?"

"Staring into that book. Come on, you must have a line on the gossip around here. What is it? Why-why is he so obsessed with it?"

"Mm-mm. All I'm gonna tell you about that book is to stay the hell away from it. Trust me. I made that mistake three months into working here." Hen takes the plate from Delia who is dishing her food as well as Hen's and walks over to the table.

" So you're saying no one here knows what he writes in it."

Delia snorts sitting down at the table next to Hen. "Oh I know, It's just none of your business."

Hen stares at the woman kissing her teeth. "Of course you know you're his daughter."

"Well, watch this," Buck says confidently.

"All right, Buck. When he pops you in that pretty face, just make sure it's on the side that's already got a mark."

Buck stops in his tracks turning to the woman "What was that part about me being pretty?" He wiggles his brows as Hen gags and Delia just rolls her eyes as he walks off toward Bobby.

"So what is up with you? You seem tired."

"Just short-staffed at the clinic and my neighbors above me keep having wild sex. Every night for the past week."

Hen laughs while taking a bite of food "Boy I remember those days."

"Yeah well, I-" before Delia could finish she was cut off by a loud bang. She looks up and immediately rushes over as Bobby is holding Buck by his shirt.

"Bobby, take it easy." She steps closer cautiously. He looks over at her and his eyes soften as he shoves Buck back letting him go and walking off.

Before she can comfort him the Bell rings.