One

"I'm sorry she wants me to do what?"⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️ Chapter One: Teenagers Scare Me3x01/2:  Kids Today and Sink or Swim

⛔️Trigger warning ⛔️
Chapter One: Teenagers Scare Me
3x01/2: Kids Today and Sink or Swim.

When Athena Grant called her husband Bobby Nash to tell him about a teen in a very fast car, he knew exactly who she wanted for the job, the reckless foster kid who knew cars like the back of her hand. She had a job as a maintenance man on the pit crew with her dad for different cars during the racing season. On his off time he was a mechanic and when he wasn't being a mechanic he was a food truck owner and a local gym teacher for the school on the rez.

"I'm sorry Athena wants me to do what now?" she braids her arms over her chest as Bobby explains it again before she thinks it over, calculating the variables in her head. She nods before they head over to the truck calling the others.

"The kid's car is moving like a runaway freight train, but they have a plan to slow him down before he crashes."

"So we're on cleanup duty?"

"Not exactly." Bobby mutters as Chim gives him a look before they hop into the truck.

Delia listens as Bobby explains the plan before she tightens her grip on the steering wheel. Her hair flowing down her back in a neat fishtail braid.

" They're clearing a stretch of Woodley Avenue. We'll meet them there"

"How fast is he going?" Hen asks.

"105. Once he gets to Woodley Avenue, he'll hit the brakes, hope he slows down a little. And that's where we come in."

"That's a vintage car." Chim mutters as Delia replies with a nod.

"You worried about damaging a classic, Chim?"

" I'm worried about damaging a kid. Airbags weren't standard until the '80s." He explains.

" A car that old, we're lucky it has a shoulder harness."

"But if they can get it down to 60 or 70..." Eddie murmurs pointing to Chim who nods.

" I like his chances better."

" What kind of crazy person came up with this plan?"

" My wife." Bobby mutters as Delia eases her foot over to the gas.

"Kids on the move. Is everyone in positioning? Bobby, are you ready?"

"We are getting in position on Woodley Avenue." Bobby replies as Delia grips the wheel tighter

Delia pulls out in front of the car before turning the engine so they are now in front.