ii.

two plane rides
tw: small mention of ed

「 two ✧ plane rides 」tw: small mention of ed

I was going to scream.

"You left my fucking suitcase back at Harvard?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said, but he had a stupid smirk on his lips. "It must've fallen out on the way over."

He made me so fucking angry. I wanted to shove a knife in his stomach, or his heart. I wanted to watch him die slowly by my hands.

There was no way to go back, not without missing our flight. There was no way to get my suitcase and all my personal belongings that I needed for the next month.

I also didn't have enough money to buy replacements.

Practically growling with rage, I shoved a finger in his face. "You're paying for all the replacements, Casen, as soon as we go shopping in California."

He didn't even reply. I watched as his jaw flexed, and there was a flash of something in his eyes - regret? God, I hoped.

I stormed past him to the airport entrance, squeezing my fists in frustration.

My carry-on backpack had everything I needed - at least, for now - so I wasn't extremely worried. The only things I was missing were clothes, and I could just make him buy all of them for me. I just hoped someone wouldn't steal my suitcase. I texted one of my friends quickly to ask them to pick it up for me.

I walked to our gate and then through security, not caring if he was behind me. By the time we were at our flight, we were twenty minutes early.

I sat my backpack down at a table at the food court. Augustus sat down at the table too.

"Watch my backpack," I said, eyeing him. "Don't you dare leave it."

He raised his hands in mock surrender.

Rolling my eyes, I walked up to Mcdonald's and ordered one hashbrown, because they were superior. I walked gleefully back to the table with my breakfast.

"Is that healthy?" Augustus asked me when he saw the hashbrown.

"Shut up," I answered, taking a bite.

"Is that all you're getting? Aren't you hungry?"

"I'm fine," I lied. "I'm not that hungry."

He raised his brows but didn't say anything.

The twenty minutes passed quickly. Soon, we were boarding, scanning our tickets and walking inside the tunnel and into the airplane.

I'd never flown in an airplane, I wanted to say. I've never been in an airport. I don't know how this shit works. But the only person that would hear my confessions was Augustus, who would probably make fun of me, and just looking at his face made me angry.