xix.

nineteen bad idea

"Stay where you are," Augustus told me, a small smile lifting his lips

Oh shit.

I'd been avoiding him since the surfing incident earlier. I'd joined Lacey and Aurora and stalled buying the bathing suit for as long as I could because I couldn't bear to look at him.

But then, there he was, grabbing the tequila and pouring it onto my stomach.

I was already shaking.

I dug my fingers into the cool rock beneath me, desperate for any friction to keep me grounded.

His head came up close to mine, a fresh lime in hand. "Open up."

That stupid, gorgeous smirk.

I rolled my eyes but opened my mouth, anyway, not missing the way his throat bobbed and his gaze lingered on my lips. 

"You ready?" he asked.

I released a slow breath. "Sure."

The bastard smiled as he lowered his mouth to my stomach, and at the first touch, I found myself arching toward his lips.

Oh, for fucks sake.

But I couldn't seem to focus myself. He was all I could think about – his lips, and how bad I wanted them all over my body.

It was insane, this feeling. How bad I wanted to feel his tongue everywhere.

He licked up my stomach. When he reached the line of my bikini, he glanced up at me, noting my parted lips and ragged breathing.

Don't let him affect you. Don't let him affect you.

It wasn't fucking working.

As if torturing me, his tongue moved slower at my breasts, licking up every square inch available to him that wasn't covered by the bikini.

I was going insane. I was going feral for his touch.

He licked up the column of my throat and my traitorous head leaned back to give him better access. 

What felt like years later, his face was right above mine. All I could think about was that mouth and how badly I wanted it on mine.

He leaned down, slowly, torturously, grabbing the lime with his teeth. As he did so, his lips brushed mine, and everything cataclysmic exploded in my blood.

The millisecond stretched into minutes in my mind. It felt as if time stopped at the single touch that left my wanting – almost begging for more.

And when he stood, lime in his smirking mouth, I looked in his eyes and knew the emotion filling them was desire.

Or maybe you're just delusional, Emilia.