xxv.

twenty-five don't hold back
tw: small mention of ed

「 twenty-five ✧ don't hold back 」tw: small mention of ed

Augustus Casen was kissing me.

It seemed unreal, the way his hands slipped through my hair, gripping the strands like they were the only thing keeping him grounded. It felt ethereal, his lips on mine, our breaths only gasps each time we pulled apart.

"One kiss," I reminded him as he backed me against the bed until my feet hit the mattress behind me.

"One kiss," he breathed against my lips, not pulling away.

Then he tugged on my hair, pulling my head further back. I gasped at the feeling, and he took advantage and slipped his tongue into my mouth. Seconds later, his lips were gone from mine and trailing down my jaw, then my neck. Then he found a sensitive spot behind my ear and sucked. I went practically slack at his touch, tilting my head back and gripping onto his hair.

What happened to just one kiss?

But I ignored the small voice in my head, ignored everything that urged me to pull away. Instead, I relished. I drowned in the way he touched me.

His lips traveled back up my neck and to my lips again, his mouth moving against mine in desperation.

He kissed me as if this was the only thing that mattered. As if my lips were his salvation, and he was running out of oxygen.

"August," I whispered in warning.

"Lia," he answered, gripping my hair tighter, his breaths anguished.

And then he was gone. His hands left my hair, left my body, and I suddenly felt cold. Still panting, I let my head clear before allowing my eyes to find the entity that left me this desperate for more.

August was standing across the room from me, eyes dark and scanning my body up and down. His chest was heaving with labored breaths, no doubt mirroring my own.

"What are you doing?" I asked, surprising myself by finding words.

"One kiss," he said in response, then winced as if he were in pain. "I promised you only one kiss."

Then I did something I knew I was going to regret. I raised my brow and asked, "You call that a kiss?"

His expression took on a curious tilt, eyebrows furrowing slightly. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me," I said, my voice coming out clear and confident despite my rapid heartbeat.

He only chuckled, a smirk on his lips. Lips that I wanted to feel on me again – lips that I wanted to feel all over my body. Then he stalked toward me, eyes sharpening and mouth pressing into an amused line.

I felt myself backing up as he neared, my legs once again hitting the foot of the bed. He continued walking closer until his face was inches from mine. Centimeters.