Chapter 8

"[Mission accomplished. Switching off...]"

I regained my consciousness as I heard ERA's mission have been completed. Everything is going to be okay now...

"AHHH!!! FUCK! EVERYTHING HURTS!!!"

It's...Mostly okay...

"Arghh! My back! *CRACK* My back!"

...Kind of...

"Ahhh! My arms! My legs! Everything feels numb..."

...Everything is not okay...

[I'm detecting that you're currently in a state of pain.]

"NO SHIT!"

[However, I am also detecting high-level toxicity inside of you.]

"Just because I am swearing at you doesn't mean I'm toxic. And you need to learn how to properly control a human's body! They have limits!"

[I missed the part where that's my problem. But no, I am detecting a high level of toxicity with your biological system boss.]

"How so?"

[You might wanna check your left hand.]

Following ERA's advice, I took off the glove on my left hand and found... Oddly weird purple lines in my vines...

Well, that's new. 

"ERA, what the hell is this?"

[I'm trying to find information about it. But, thanks to the Anti-Honkai Energy suit you're wearing, it seems to slow down the infection rate.]

"Uh-huh?" I put back the glove and looked over to a random entrance.

Within the darkness, a small black purple-ish box lays and waits on top of a pedestal while lights shone at it...

"This look... Suspicious as fuck!" I commented on the structure.

[What do you mean boss?] She said in a teasing voice.

"Whatever..." I said while getting up from my position, ignoring the pains, and making my way to the box...

"Welp, there's definitely no traps that will be activated the moment I lift this thing off." I said sarcastically.

However, the moment my hands touch it... I was flown across the room and hit a random wall.

"Called it..." I groaned while getting up from where I'm at.

I looked back at the box which is now floating in mid-air only to drop down the abyss and broke the floor to pieces.

I looked down into the hole to see... Floating platforms with a single light in the middle?

"Well goddamn, fictional world has it all, even this whole place looked like a boss room in videogames. ERA, activate the protocol for Time Looping Device. Set save point here."

[Activating...]

"God, I hope that Stephen's therapy session from my previous life will help me in this world..."

The bracelets glowed blueish green in my hands as I jumped down towards the endless space where the platform would float in random locations. The only thing that caught my eyes was the glowing purple-ish lightning in the middle of everything.

The Persona of the Herrscher of Thunder is here...

"Yo! Sassy Herrscher who's in need of child support, I've come to bargain."

"What... did you just say...?" The Herrscher's voice echoed across the space. She was nothing but hollow, she didn't look like anything other than what you would call a ghost.