Chapter 18

There was nothing that could express what had just happened in front of Amber's eyes. Never once had she doubted the Overseer and yet... The moment she saw Otto doing the one thing he was told not to...

Killing a time trespasser...

Doubts begin to build up as she looks at the Overseer in a shocking state...

"Lord Otto... Why...?" It was not possible for someone such as the Overseer himself to not follow the rule in Amber's eyes...

It was simply... impossible for him to do such a thing... right...?

"I would not trust that child too much if I were you. I got what I wanted, now let's go." In his hand was the vial that he was supposed to use it on a trespasser.

It had taken as a surprise for him when he heard the child was alive long before his arrival. He was so certain that he had killed the child back then and yet...

The child was alive... Otto only knows this because his granddaughter, Theresa, had once yelled out the child's name in her room for making her apologize in the most embarrassing way in her life.

Great... He had created an unwanted enemy that could come to ruin his plan... That child will have a grudge to kill him or will ruin everything in his plan...

He cannot tolerate this... That is... An idea came to him. What if he were to play the waiting game with that child? What if he could still try to "convince" that child?

Certainly yes it seems.

Why won't he come back to the place where that child had first ruined his plan? Back to the Babylon lab, the one place he was trying to awaken one of the Herrscher's Persona but failed due to that child?

Perhaps a trip to the past shall bring some memories...

But how can he lure that child out? He knows that child is working part-time at Anti-Entropy and he won't come out unless it's necessary...

Yes... Perhaps a leak of one of the world's biggest Honkai Energy cores will lure that child out. Now, all he needs to do is wait...

And he didn't need to wait long for that child to come out. What's more, is that he had awakened the Herrscher's Persona in the process!

God must be on his side as his luck did not end there.

He was able to make a truce between them. He was able to make that child to create something for them... For him to be exact...

However, the only downside is that he did not know how the child had created these vials that were specifically made for the trespassers...

It irritated him... Being kicked halfway into the ceiling while constantly being made as a joke and not knowing how these vials were made irritated him... But it was worth it in the end.

These vials are unique in some way. All you need is to either throw or stab at them and that's it. However...

How could he throw away such a viable item? Surely that child must have mistaken that killing a trespasser in our world would cause chaos upon us.

Besides, what's the worst that could happen when he kills one of them instead of sending them back to their original timeline?

He could keep the vial to himself without that child noticing it. And he's doing a favor for humanity in the alternate timeline.

Two birds one stone. A perfect plan.

"But-!"

"Awww...You killed me..." A voice cut Amber off... It was coming from the corpse of the trespasser that was cut in half by the Overseer...