Chapter 33

Before we had to leave Nagazora, I had to fix a particular white-haired terrorist's doing even though nobody knows about me...

It's not like I couldn't fix the damages that Kiana left, no. It's the fact that the cost of repairing half of the city's block is around 31 million fucking dollars...

...Somehow I'm paying for something worse than the hospital's bill...

Instead of paying the 31 million dollars, I decided to say "fuck it" and messed around with my machine to fix the damn thing overnight and now everything looks like how it was in the first place...

Thankfully, my job got easier since I had deployed countless drones around the world so that I could monitor all places in real time if there's anything happened.

So, a quick patch by replacing the broken walls and road with a custom material that could withstand a nuke, nobody would notice the difference if I were to paint over it... right?

...

"Florida flag found flying across California late at night. People say Jesus had descended from heaven and fixed California city's block with an indestructible object."

...

I'm about to be scolded by a lobster, aren't I?

...Anyway, let's look on the other bright side... If you could call it that...

Kiana finally took that exam to apply to Chiba Academy as Sieg wanted. (that fucker better keep his Goddamn promise!)

And 37 hours later, everyone finally got their results and I asked the teacher to grade her immediately so I didn't have to wait long for the score.

Japanese, English, Math, Physics, and Chemistry are all the basic stuff that one would see in an exam.

You could tell that Kiana passed just by looking through her answer sheets. Although she didn't ace a single subject, her score is still on the average level of the academy.

Hm? What are her scores you say? Well...

Japanese is the 2nd lowest, with 83 points.

English comes at 3rd highest, 91 points.

Math colored me surprised being the highest, 99 points.

Physics coming right after Math, 95 points.

Chemistry is the lowest, with 77 points.

Not a single subject below 70... However, there's just one problem with the score that made me pull out a pair of glasses to look at it, twice.

...How the hell did Kiana get such a score in Math and Physics? She sucks at those subjects!

Unknown to me was that the day before the exam started, Kiana had begged her ancestors to help her during the exam...

"I got you!" The girl's call was immediately answered by an unknown ancestor.

Anyway, it's not like I care if she suddenly did well in Math and Physics since she's not cheating...

Well, there was a soul standing next to her while she keeps nodding her head while checking the answer... It's not like she can hear the souls of the dead... right?

...God, this whole series is gonna make me insane before we could reach the main plot, isn't it?

Now that Kiana finally started going to school, we moved to the old house that Ryoma gave me years ago.

It surprised me when I found the house was still in perfect condition and look even cleaner when I had moved out...

Did Ryoma send someone to maintain it? Hopefully, he didn't send the maids to maintain it...