Prologue (Rewritten)

Life is but a journey you go through.

It's something that you experience it.

Be it alone or together, it's a story you make on your journey.

Even if most journeys are similar to one another, the one who's there with you till the very end will be the one you cherish the most.

I too would've given up on the journey if it weren't for a promise I made with my little sister.

So, I tried my best to make her the happiest person in the world... Even if you were to call me a doting brother, I wouldn't even deny it.

It's just the responsibility of being the older one in the family...

So...

Why is it that I'm kneeling in front of her grave...?

...

Life is but a journey in that you create memories with others... So, where is the one that will be by your side to the very if they're gone forever...?

...

Then perhaps that journey no longer has meaning...

What would you even do if that journey no longer have a meaning...? What would you do if the one you care so much about no longer exists in your life...?

I don't even know how to answer that...

It's... awful... hurt... pain... I don't know anymore...

I just... want it to end... Wanted to curl into my legs while ignoring what was happening around me... I just... let myself be buried in work, trying not to be reminded of her...

And yet...

The more I tried to ignore it, the more pain I felt, the more I wanted to bury my face into my own arms not wanting to suffer anymore, but that made it worse...

I was... tired... so... tired...

But... I'll just keep working... nonstop...

Just kept going...

My body feels weak but I kept going...

My body felt heavy but I kept going...

My hands were shaking but I kept going...

The air felt heavier but I kept going...

My hands feel numb and my face was pale but I kept going...

...

I was tired... So tired...

I just wanted to keep going...

...Until I can't anymore...

I couldn't breathe. I couldn't move. I couldn't look. I couldn't feel anything...

Everything was pitch black.

I realized why I couldn't do anything... Why I couldn't keep going trying to forget about her...

It was so simple that even an idiot could've figured it out...

It's so simple...

I am dead. That's all there to it.

...

Perhaps the reason why I'm still conscious is because I'm here atoning for my sins...

It's a weird feeling... Is this what death feels like?

It feels... empty somehow...

Doesn't feel very nice...

Maybe that's why they say even death can't cure a fool...