Welcome Home Squeaks

Sunshine had snuck through a crack in the dark and heavy drawn curtains across the room causing a warmth to spread over Hermione's cheek. She stirred in her sleep from the rays tickling her face. Sleep slowly left her body as she opened her eyes, panic setting in when she first took in the sight of an unfamiliar location. She didn't dare move her body and used her eyes to examine her surroundings. The room was partially darkened so it was hard to see through sleep blurred eyes but she saw a familiar looking bookcase. She was lying on her side and looked down, seeing her Christmas pajamas that she had worn last night and a strong arm tightly holding her to the warm body pressed up against her back. Concentrating harder, she felt the soft breath of her companion tickling the hairs on the back of her neck. Memories of the previous night came rushing back to Hermione. She had confessed her feelings to the older woman in a song which wasn't planned and completely out of her comfort zone. The words, I love you, weren't technically shared but they were both aware that they had been desperately falling for the other woman. Somehow they ended up in bed, sharing a few kisses and snogging but the physicality didn't go any further than that. A silent agreement sat between them that when the time was right, they would take the next step. The last thing Hermione remembered was laying on Bella's chest in bed as she read her own poetry to her. She tried to lay as still as possible as to not wake her companion and thought she was doing a good job until she felt a warm hand rubbing circles on a part of her exposed stomach where her buttoned pajama shirt had ridden up during their slumber. "Good morning," came the husky, deep sleep filled voice from behind her. A soft kiss was left on the back of Hermione's neck causing a small shiver to rip through her body.

The brunette closed her eyes, relishing in the feeling of being held so intimately, "morning," she breathed out. "It appears I spent the night," she felt the pair of lips smile against her neck, humming. "How did you sleep?"

"It was one of the best night sleeps I've ever had," Bella nuzzled further into the woman in her arms. "And you? Did you find the bed well?"

"I slept amazingly," she turned around in Bella's arms so she could face the dark haired woman. Hermione gasped slightly. Wild curls were everywhere behind her, Bella looked both sleepy and happy at the same time, her eyes sparkling with an emotion Hermione hadn't seen yet. She brought her hand up and pushed some of the curls over her shoulder, leaning in to kiss her cheek. "It felt nice to wake up next to you," she bit her lip, "after I remembered where I was." That earned a deep chuckle from the other woman. "Happy Christmas," she said suddenly remembering what day it was. "Do you have to be off soon... or?"

"I have to meet my sisters eventually. They can wait." Bella brought Hermione in closer to her. "I'm not ready to let you go quite yet."

Hermione felt a little bold, she snaked her hand down Bella's side and rested it on the small of her back, pulling their bodies flush against each other. Her teeth were leaving an imprint on her bottom lip at the abuse she was delivering but it didn't stop her. She trailed her eyes from Bella's eyes to her lips and back up. "What did you want to do?" She whispered.

"Umm," Bella cleared her throat, "I can think of several things actually," using her thumb to release Hermione's battered bottom lip, her own tongue darting out to moisten her dry lips. She dragged her thumb down holding Hermione's chin between her thumb and index finger.

Bella watched as her tongue came out to wet her lips and eyes closed in anticipation. Hermione waited with bated breath for the older woman to close the small distance and make her move. The earthy, woody smell of Bella's shampoo was invading Hermione's nostrils as she felt the older woman moving closer. The gentle press upon her lips had her melting into the older woman. It was as if oxygen ceased to exist and she survived solely on this kiss. She felt Bella's hand move from her chin around to the back of her neck, playing with the baby hairs she found there. That brazen feeling came back when Bella's tongue swept across her lower lip, a silent prayer answered immediately. The gentle pressure had Hermione clinging to the older woman. Their tongues dancing in perfect harmony as languid kisses were shared as if they had all the time in the world to get to know each other. Hermione was dying for more. The familiar heat in her core was ignited when Bella's hand tightened slightly in her hair, sucking her bottom lip into her mouth. A small moan escaped and neither woman was certain who it came from. With Bella nibbling on her lip, Hermione found her own way of exploring. Her hand was slowly making its way from around Bella's back, slipping slowly up the front of her shirt. Hermione felt a hitch in Bella's breath as the older woman placed a soft kiss on her lips, reaching down to stop the wandering hand.