The Worthwhile Fight

The New Year's Eve Ball was in full swing. Many guests were having an enjoyable time dancing, feasting and ringing in the New Year. However, the scene in the Malfoy family library was one of pain and betrayal. Bellatrix was spiraling. Hermione hadn't shown up. After telling her everything a few nights ago, she felt herself stupid for even allowing herself to think she had a future with the young bookshop owner. She was being pulled into the dark whether she wanted to slip or not . Her niece was right there with her refusing to let her fall. The pressure and support that Dora was providing felt nice but it wasn't near enough. Bella needed help and she needed it quickly.

Bella started shaking. She was getting angry again, the whirlwind of emotions was taking over and she needed to calm down, quickly. "I think I need medicine. Can you get your mom? I need help."

"I don't want to leave you," Dora said quietly.

"I need Andy. She has the medicine. She'll help me." Bella sobbed, lowering herself to the floor in the fetal position. "Please, Dora."

Dora was sitting next to Bella looking down at her. She didn't want to leave even for a moment to go get her mother. Her aunt looked so small, so helpless. They didn't hear the doors to the library open, or the person carefully walking around so as to not step on any of the shattered glass. When Dora realized someone else was approaching the pair, she spoke, "fuck off mate, the library is for family only."

"Hi," the quiet voice of the bookshop owner filled the room causing both women to look up to see Hermione standing above them in her white ball gown, "I was told I might find you in here. Can we talk?"

Bella's eyes closed, her body tense. Dora's head snapped up to look at Hermione. Her mouth was hanging open then a look of panic crossed her face as she turned her attention back to her aunt who was still laying on the ground in her various stages of spiraling. "Hermione, umm hi."

"What can I do?" The brunette immediately kneeled on the ground opposite Dora in front of the dark haired woman. She looked at Bella, she was so small, her corset was opened and she looked like she had been through a war. "Bella?" She quietly whispered, reaching out to brush the hairs from her face.

Dora felt all the tension leave her aunt's body when Hermione touched her. "Keep talking," she urged the brunette.

"Bella?" Hermione carefully laid herself down onto the floor, facing the older woman. "Can you hear me?" She scooted a little closer so she could easily cup the pale, tear stained cheek. "I'm here," she leaned forward ever so gently and placed a kiss on Bella's cheek. Hermione's heart was breaking thinking of the turmoil Bella was going through that evening or whatever happened that led them up to the current situation they were in.

"Her muscles are relaxing," Dora whispered, "keep talking. I've only ever seen my mom be able to do this and that's with medicine."

"Bella?" Hermione reached down and grabbed her hand and brought it up to her lips, softly kissing her knuckles. Bella's knuckles were cut and bleeding. "Squeaks wanted me to tell you that she misses you and wants to snuggle soon."

After what seemed like an eternity, Bella's eyes finally fluttered open ever so slightly, "you came," was all she said before slipping back into a post spiral sleep with a small smile on her lips.

Hermione was panicked and so far out of her depths that she looked to Dora desperately, "is she okay? What's happening?" She tried to shake the older woman awake but Bella didn't respond. "We need to help her."

Dora sighed, "she's going to be fine," she looked around the room at the damage Bella had caused knowing she needed to get Bella upstairs and clean up the glass before anyone saw. "We need to get her upstairs to her room before my mom sees this and insists on giving her medicine or else none of us will get the chance to help her for days." Dora bit her lip and thought, "okay," she looked over at Hermione's dress, "help me lift Auntie Bella up. I can hoist her over my shoulder. She's small enough."