Another Episode

"No. Absolutely not." This was not going to happen again. Hermione refused to be pulled back into Laura's well rehearsed game of manipulation. She had been here before too many times to count and she was happy now. There was not a single reason why Hermione should even be responding to these text messages. Laura was never going to change. Abusive and manipulative people are doomed to a life of eternally repeating behaviors.  When the next text came through, she was determined to disengage but that was always easier said than done.

>9:50pm
You'll want to hear what I have to say this time?

Hermione knew she shouldn't even bother to message her back but her curious nature got the best of her once again. "Fuck," she said as she typed.

>9:53pm
Oh and what makes you think I have any interest in what you have to say to me?

She gulped when she read the incoming message.

>9:55pm
Because it's about your girlfriend, Bella.

Now she would be lying if she said that didn't throw her for a loop. Thinking as far back as she could, Hermione didn't think she ever used Bella's name when talking to Laura. Even when Laura read that letter all of those months ago, that was way before she even knew the older woman's name. No, that was before the ball. She definitely wouldn't have signed her name on that letter Laura had read.

>10:05pm
Nothing to say? See now I think you are curious, Hermione. You want to know what I know and you can't for the life of you figure out how I know her name.

>10:07pm
Stop Laura. I'm not going to play your psychological games anymore. We aren't together. I don't have to do this again.

>10:09pm
Still... How did I know her name?

>10:10pm
Either you are going to tell me or you are not. I'm not begging you for the information because why would I believe anything you have to say anyways.

"Crooks," Hermione sighed, "here you talk to Laura. I'm over this." Crooks meowed at her and pawed at her phone knocking it to the ground. Squeaks was sound asleep and made a little noise and jumped when the phone fell but didn't wake up. "Shh," she smiled at her eldest son, "don't wake the baby." Her first instinct was to text Bella and give her a heads up about what was going on but she really didn't want to bother her girlfriend while she was with her sisters.

>10:13pm
I'm not bullshitting with you, Hermione. I care about you. I'll tell you everything you want to know. Meet up with me in London tomorrow.

>10:14pm
Are you daft? After our last lovely meeting you honestly think I'd voluntarily meet you alone anywhere. God, you must think I'm insane.

>10:15pm
Well you did stick around for two years so you do have some psychological issues.

>10:16pm
Fuck you, Laura. I'm not going to sit here and take  anymore of this abuse from you when we aren't together. I've moved on and I'm happy. Leave me alone!

"She's unfucking believable," Hermione growled, throwing her phone down onto the couch stirring the little kitten. Squeaks looked up at her with big sleepy eyes and meowed, "oh sweet heart. I'm so sorry," she moved the kitten onto her lap and Squeakd climbed her way up to Hermione's shoulder so she could nestle in her hair.  "Okay," she patted the kitten's bum, "you go back to bed. Sorry I scared you ma'am." Another ding came through announcing a message from her ex girlfriend. "Leave it alone, Hermione," she told herself but was already grabbing the phone and checking the message.