The Keys (Part One)

Spells can be annoying at the best times and Hope was really starting to notice that little predicament. It was never went meant to go like this, she was always supposed to be in control of what she does though she here she was looking around  at something to do with

Her subconscious. Another stupid trick she thought with a hallway full of doors and in the middle of it was almost a centrepiece of different keys that had names, dates and places relating to her life.

"Another trip down memory lane, just brilliant" Hope said to herself as she walked around the display infront of her trying to make sense of it all. It seemed like one big game that she didn't  really want to be playing right now but if the only way of getting out of this was to play it then she will. Looking at the keys more deeply, she tried narrowing down her options and started picking off one from the collection. "Let's Hope this works".

Hope had the key in her hand and continued to feel no emotion to the build up of all this. She twisted the key and and opened the door as nothing but darkness appeared on the other side. A few steps were taken inside and eventually her eyes started to open to the sound of the wind passing by her in the middle of the town square. She had saw herself standing there with footsteps approaching behind her. A tall bearded man appeared as none other than Alaric and that's when she remembers this moment perfectly.

It was confusing. The girl had no idea why this moment here would any effect on her getting out of her subconscious or play any part of bringing back her humanity. This whole memory made her laugh really as she witnesses a man who has shamed her family, more pacifically her father and secondly being a bad parent to his daughters. Hope always thought that Lizzie was the favoured child and never thought he handled either situation with Lizzies bipolar and Josie's Dark magic addiction very well at all.

Alaric getting beaten up and throw against a solid brick landmark of mystic falls really didn't play any role in bringing any emotion to her to the point she says "Next". The memory had stopped playing and really it was just a big waste of time. Hope goes through other keys as she looks at other moments in her life where things could get interesting, She picks the key with Landon's name and opened the door for round 2. "Can't see this being any better than the other almost dead guy in my life". As the door opens she ends up by the train tracks which really didn't surprise her.

The moment that played a significant part in her turning her humanity off and enjoying a much more stress free life. The guy she thought was her fate, the love her of life, her one consistent through out everything but in reality that wasn't the case. She couldn't recall how many times he left her, how many times he died and then came back as another version of himself. The more Hope thought about her relationship with Landon, the more she realised it was doom to fail with Malivore being his father and had been wanting to kill her. Even Clarke was better looking and could fight his battles most of the time.

It wasn't like there wasn't moments between her and Landon that she didn't feel happy because that would be a lie. He had made her laugh with his stupid jokes, he always in his own way tried to make her happy but at the end of the day it wasn't enough. With the cons there was also too many's flaws as the first one that came to mind was when he tried to use her family to represent a musical when she had told him plenty of times that she didn't want them involved. He didn't listen to a lot of things she was trying to say and the way he had treated Josie was the next memory that came to mind with him. The manner in which Landon had left Josie and tried to go on with the relationship she was having with him was just wrong.

Hope felt so much guilt surrounding Josie and was prepared to leave when she had broken the brunettes heart. She would never want to see that girl hurt but it had her wondering why all of the sudden this became about Josie in Landons memories and that's when she ends up in the woods after seeing the moment she had killed her ex boyfriend. Hope could remember this moment very well and it was one of the toughest decisions she felt like she had to make at the time. Kai Parker had just informed her that either Rafael was going to show Landon with the golden arrow and that the twins had been trapped in a collapsing prison world.

Of course these situations were both happening in different places so Hope could either go back to the dock and stop Landon from getting shot by his best friend or she could save the twins. In the end she ends up saving both Josie, Lizzie and unfortunately Alaric too but it showcased something that she was pretty sure that had been clear to her for a while. Hope couldn't bare the thought of losing either twin, more specifically Josie and that's when her memory ends with Landon.

Fortunately for Hope there was next to little emotion showcased on her part and thought she was handling all this pretty well but it did beg the question on how the fuck she was going to get out of here. Landon's key along with Alarics disappeared into dust as they weren't the key to Hope's humanity. The next one that was faced infront of her was something even though she had no humanity, it was going to test her resistance to it all. "Family".