It's never too late

In this world, in this life there are no certainties and unfortunately it being one of supernaturals, the people you thought were dead find a way of coming back. The same could be said about the brunette as she ponders about what the hell she's going to do. The first thing she could think of was to grab her phone and dial Hope as she has to know her life is in danger AGAIN.

Penelope looked at Josie and knew she was going to lose control if she didn't concentrate right now as she makes her way over and grabs the girl by the arm. "Hey listen to me Jo, you can barely form two words right now and if you go ahead telling Hope straight away when your not thinking clearly, it could cause her to react and possibly send her crazy throughout the streets which could get her killed. Just calm down please and we can think this through with a plan".

Josie wanted Hope now, she needed Hope because she felt vulnerable and no matter how much Penelope was trying to help, no one could keep safe or make her feel like Hope does. She had been crying and wiping the tears from her face as she recovers from the outbreak. "I understand what you are trying to say to me Penelope but she had to witness me die and she almost got killed because of me so I'm not going to let anything about to her or to Lizzie for that matter who is probably with her right now".

It was clear the brunette wouldn't back down and when she had her heart set on something, she wasn't going to let anyone stop her. Josie starts to phone Hope in order to warn her and assumed she would have picked up by now. With the first call not working she was trying a second time and then a third, fourth, fifth until eventually someone picked up.

J: "Hope are you there? I apologise for running off but I need to talk to you about something really important"

H: " Jo thank god, are you okay because I've been worried sick about you"

J: "It's okay.....I mean it's really not okay but I have so much I need to catch you up on but I need to start off with the most concerning"

H: "Just answer me this first, where are you and are you safe?"

J: "I am currently in a apartment and I believe I am safe"

H: "Okay you care to explain to me why you are in a apartment that isn't here with me right now? I know there's people looking for us but I would have thought you might have come back"

J: "I promise I'll explain everything when I see you but right now I need to tell you that somehow Aurora is alive, atleast that's what I've learned. I will make my back to you when I know getting across the city is safe".

Hope didn't like this at all, she felt there was something that Josie wasn't telling her and it was made worse knowing that Aurora was possibly alive still and it seemed getting to the brunette was going to more difficult than she first anticipated.

H: "Josie I'll come find you, just text me the address and we'll make our way to you. I promise that red head bitch won't get hold of you again"

J: "Okay sure but if you are going to do this then please be careful, I can't lose you either. See you soon Hope"

The call ended and there was just silence after that. There were many things that could have been said but she didn't want to say over a phone. Hope was way more important to her than that and right now she just wants to be in her arms. "You didn't tell her I was with you....why?" Penelope asked as she would thought it would make Hope a little more at ease knowing there is someone to protect Josie.

She herself why she didn't tell Hope that Penelope was with her but she kept thinking everything going on between the two girls was too much right now. Telling Hope that she's alone with her ex wouldn't have seemed right and it definitely would cause more drama than needed. "I'm not sure why exactly I didn't tell her because if she made it here and saw you, she might have the same sort of reaction. I didn't want her to panic over the phone and rush here".

There's still so much to know about everything that is going on and for once it would be nice if the world for one day allowed some stress free time with the people she loves and cares about before it all goes to shit again. "I also noticed you didn't tell her that you love her" Josie hearing Penelope say that made her all types of confused but she didn't think it was the right time. "It's not a good time, it never seems to be a good time for us" She sat back down and tried not to think about Hope too much but that always seemed harder than she first expects.

"Will never ever be a right time Jo? In this crazy life that we live in I can't imagine there could ever be enough of it to do or say what we want to. Just know for experience that when you think you can tell someone something like that the next day or the day after that, it never seems to be the case. Just don't leave it too late and regret not getting the chance to tell her how you feel" Penelope finished her glass of wine and poured another for herself along with the brunette who looked like she needed one.

Josie was about to say something until there was a knock on the door. Penelope got up and placed a hand on the brunettes shoulder suggesting that she'll go get the door and that she should hide somewhere. Josie headed upstairs and went into one of the closets. Penelope opened the door to find two officers at the door which didn't seem right at all.

"Sorry for the disturbance miss but myself and officer Parker are just going around the neighbourhood to see if anyone has seen a suspect of a crime that we are currently in charge of dealing with. Have you seen this girl at all? (Shows a picture of Josie) It is to be believed that she was responsible of a double murder at a nightclub the other night which is a few blocks away and also was seen following a guy outside a bar not long before his body was found in the area".

Penelope didn't want to risk trying to compel the officers to drop the case if they had vervain in their system. The only thing she could do was lie and hoped that it would be believable for them to leave the apartment without searching inside. "I'll be honest Sir I don't really leave the apartment that much so me socialising with people isn't really a regular occurrence. If I do hear anything I'll come down and report it myself".

The officers nod at each other and decide to take no further action. "Okay miss here's a card with a number you can bell. If you do happen to see anything then please phone us. You enjoy the rest of your evening" The door shuts by Penelope's hand and puts the card on the table as Josie eventually walks downstairs almost shaking. "I'm fucked".