|13|

"𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚞𝚙 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜, 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞. 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚗𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞? 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚞 𝚖𝚎. 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚝?"

Chapter 13
Meraki Rylia Taraka

Is staying up all night reading healthy? Grams said it isn't but I still refuse to put this book down, it's juicy. Suddenly I hear glass shattering, making me flinch. It's probably Chozo, my cat. Being that he has an obsession with vases and breaking them.

"This is literally the 3d time this month." I muttered slipping out of my warm bed I step onto the cold floor making me shiver.

I walk toward where I heard to noise hoping to find the dumb ass cat but instead I walk into the room to find a man.

My heart immediately started banging against my chest. He's stealing out of Lynn's savings box. Oh my god, I start to back up. To go to my room where my phone is and call the cops.

Suddenly I felt a sting in my arm making me start to cry out but a hand flew over my mouth.

"Next time watch your fuckin back." The man holding me said and the other man turned to face us.  They both had mask on but I wasn't focused on that, my arm was throbbing. I moved it so I could see it and it has blood gushing down it. He cut me?

"You feel that?" The man behind me said as I deal something poking my back. A knife? It hurts, I nod as tears run down my face. Am I going to die?

"You make one sound and I slice your neck open." He said in a serious tone which made me nod quickly. He slowly moved his hand from my mouth to my neck, grabbing it.

"Now, where is the rest of the money?" He slides his knife slowly across my neck as I shake my head. I never knew where Lynn hid her money, I was too focused on my own problems. They'll kill me if I don't say anything and they'll kill me if I say the wrong thing.

"I don't know, please let me go." Why is it that in the moment of death I say the dumbest shit ever. I'm scared, that's why.

"Mmmm wrong answer." He cut my other forearm, and I bite my tongue to prevent me from yelling.

"Shhhhh I know, it hurts, but if you don't tell me something I wanna hear then it's gonna hurt wayyy more than that." He mumbles in my ear as I breathe hard, trying to not hyperventilate.

"Jewelry. My grandma has a lot of jewelry. Gold necklaces, diamonds rings and it's real." I breathe out the truth. 7,000 dollars worth of jewelry in her room, but that wasn't all of it. She had more in the savings, in the bank. Lynn liked to be spoiled and my dad was the one to spoil, even in jail.

There was silence.

"How much?" The other man said coming closer to me. That's the first thing he's said to me.

"7,000." I slunk back onto the man's shoulder not being able to hold myself up due to losing blood from the cuts in my arms.

"Hm, where is it?" The man holding me said turning me around to face him.

"It's in the den, that door right there." I said pointing, well tried to point. I did this so they won't find the door that leads to Lynn's room, if they found her they would wake her and she would for sure tell them where her money was.

"Stay here with her, she move, beat the shit outta her." The man holding me said letting me go which made me stumble to the floor. Lightheaded and breathing hard I look up at the other man who didn't even look at me.