Prologue: Life as a Princess in Camelot

Y/N's Pov.

I am Princess Y/N (your name) the Hedgehog of the Western Kingdom, daughter of King F/N (father's name) and Queen M/N (mother's name), and future heir to the throne. Ever since I was born, my parents expected me to be a great and wise ruler, so they had hired the best teachers in all of Camelot to teach me the ways of the royalty, not that I enjoyed it very much. Being a princess may seem like it's every little girl's dream come true, but there's more to it than it appears to be. You always a tight schedule, you have to attend just about every single royal meeting with the other kingdoms, and you never have time to do what you want. Plus, when you're parent's are such noble rulers, everyone expects the same from you, which can put a lot of pressure on oneself. That's pretty much what my life felt like. Sometimes I wished that I could just live like a normal town Mobian, like my friend Tails, a 14 year old blacksmith. Sometimes, when my parents are very busy, I sneak out into town disguised as any of the other Mobians. The only one who actually knows about this were some of my closest friends, Tails being one of them.

Enough about my family thought, let me tell you about our one and true ruler over Camelot. My family may be from royalty, but none of us shall compare to King Arthur, who likes to go by the name King Sonic. He was given his crown about a year ago, back when Merlina, granddaughter of the great wizard Merlin, tried to make our kingdom last forever. She was defeated by King Sonic and was forgiven for her actions, and she went back to being his royal wizard like before. He presides at the Round Table with many of his strongest and bravest knights, the three most known being Sir Gawain, Sir Percival, and Sir Lancelot. Sir Gawain the Echidna wields two swords bearing resemblance short single-edge broadswords and double-bit battle axes called Galatine, one of the sacred swords which is praised for their absolute sharpness. Sir Percival the Cat, being the only female member of the Round Table, wields long and double-edges rapiers known as Laevatein, another of the sacred swords which allow her to launch her fire attacks. And then there's Sir Lancelot the Hedgehog, by far the closest of the knights to King Arthur primarily wields swords similar to broadswords which are either single- or double-edged that help him unleash his Chaotic attacks, termed Arondight, the 3rd of the sacred swords. And of course, there's King Arthur who bears the sword Caliburn, which is rumored to be a sword that can speak, and it is that same sword that chose who is the one and true King Arthur.
How lucky they all were. Sometimes I wished that I could wield a sword and be a knight too, but I know that Father would never allow it to be. He thinks that only that strongest of male Mobians should be deemed worthy of carrying a sword at all. I just... I wish that someday I could meet those knights of Camelot, and maybe even King Arthur himself. That'd be my dream come true.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Okay, I just finished playing Sonic and the Black Knight, which gave me the idea to write this. Hope you enjoy this story and like the first chappie! :D