True Love Conquers All: Part 3

Y/N's Pov.

Before I even said anything, Mephiles, who was standing right next to me, was knocked against the back wall, Shadow taking his place, hugging me.
"You won't have her! Never in a thousand years!!!" Shadow stated, glaring at Mephiles.
"Shadow..." I whispered, nuzzling into his chest. It was so warm, like the sun's light, "Thank you..."
"Anything for you." Shadow smiled, kissing my forehead. Shadow then turned to Sonic and the other knights, "Keep her safe."
"We will." Blaze nodded, turning to Sonic. He nodded too, before closing his eyes as well. Several seconds later, his fur and armor also went golden. Sonic could do it too!? Then, they both flew off and began to fight Mephiles again.
"Blaze?" I asked, getting her attention, "What's going on with them?"
"Oh, you don't know? His highness Sonic has the power to go 'super' as we call it, but I had no idea that Shadow could do it too."
"Neither did I. I thought that only royalty could do that." Knuckles said.
"It's because Shadow loves you very deeply, so his heart unlocked this new power." Amy stated. I blushed. Shadow turned super... to protect me?
"Thank you Shadow." I mumbled, smiling.

Shadow's Pov.

Now that my power had doubled and the King was helping, fighting Mephiles was easier than a walk in town. I used my chaos attacks while King Sonic used mainly physical blows. Eventually, Mephiles was too tired to continue fighting.
"This isn't the end Shadow... I will come back... and I will get my revenge..." And with that said, he melted and vanished. The King and I both landed back on the ground and turned back to normal. After landing back on the ground, I quickly ran over to Y/N and pulled her into a hug again.
"He didn't hurt you, did he?"
"No, he didn't. You came right on time." Y/N returned the hug. Sonic and Blaze were aweing, while Knuckles was pretending to gag, but I didn't care. All that mattered to me is that my Y/N was safe. I then remembered something.
"King Sonic, I-"
"It's alright bro. I already knew. And I think it's about time to tell everyone the truth." Sonic responded, walking out of the castle, followed by the rest of us.