Not so bad

Y/N's Pov.

*next day*

Having my own personal guard was weird, and up until now, I never really had one. The following day, Sir Lancelot had spent the whole morning following my around like a dog would to its master. It annoyed me a little, to have someone follow me every waking moment. I was, finally, able to get away from him when I snuck out into town in disguise again. Of course, he made haste to try to find me. I get that it's his role to protect me from danger and stuff, but he was going WAY too overboard with it. I mean, I wasn't even outside the kingdom, pretty much the only place where you could get injured or hurt. I had gone to Tails' Workshop to hide out.
"Hi Y/N!" Tails said when I entered the workshop, until he noticed that I was being cautious about something, "Something up?"
"Lancelot's up!" I stated, "He's been appointed as my new, personal guard and now he won't leave me alone... AT ALL!"
"You know that he's just following his job. I mean, he is a worthy knight after all."
"Yeah, and a scary one too." I mumbled, but Tails still heard it.
"Why not give him a chance? Maybe he's actually really nice. You don't know that." Tails suggested.
"Yeah, I'm sure that he's a wonderful Mobian who likes making flower bracelets." I stated with sarcasm. Tails simply rolled his eyes. Suddenly, I heard the door open, and in walked Sir Lancelot. How did he find me?! Or does he know that it's me? I pulled my hood over my head again.
"Blacksmith," Lancelot started, "Have you seen the princess come by here anytime? I cannot seem to find her." Tails gave a glance, while I just shook my hands side-to-side, telling him not to say anything.
"Nope, sorry Sir. Haven't seen her." Tails answered.
"Well, if you do happen to see her, let me know. It is important that I find her."
"And why is that?" Tails asked. I already told him why. Why did he ask Lancelot again?
"Because it's my duty to protect her and keep her out of harm's way." Lancelot started, "If she gets hurt even the slightest bit... well, that's a fate worse than death for me. I must do my job, no matter what." And with that, Lancelot walked out the door, but not before glancing at me first. I still hid myself from him, but something... changed inside me. I had no idea that he was so serious about this. I thought that he was doing this because the King requested him to, but I guess that he does have a heart inside too. Tails only looked at me and gave me a sly grin. I knew what he meant, and nodded, leaving the workshop. I snuck back into the castle, unnoticed, and changed back into my normal princess clothes. I had to go find Sir Lancelot and talk with him about this. I saw a blur of black cross the corner of my eyes. I turned to see Sir Lancelot in the garden, walking about, probably still looking for me. I headed out into the garden too, following him. I accidentally stepped on a twig which snapped, getting Lancelot's attention.