Hang Out

Y/N's Pov.

*next day*

"Hey Mom, have you seen Sha- Sir Lancelot?" I asked my mother. I woke up this morning and couldn't find him anywhere, which sort of worried me.
"He had another mission to go to in the Eastern Kingdom. He should be back by tomorrow."
"Oh, alright." I replied, feeling sort of sad. I didn't know what else to do for the day, so I asked my mother for something, "May I go visit B/F/N? It's been quite a while."
"Are you sure? I mean, you don't have your guard with you."
"Mom, it's like a 30 minute ride on horse-back. I'll be fine." I told her.
"Well... you may, just don't stay too long." I hugged my mother before heading to the stables, where H/N was present. I put the saddle and reins on, mounted my horse, and rode off to the Southern Kingdom. When I got to the gate of B/F/N's castle, I was stopped by none other than Sir Gawain.
"State your business." he had his hand on his sword
"I'm Princess Y/N of the Western Kingdom, and I've come to see B/F/N." I answered him.
"Oh, apologies your majesty. You may enter." he put his sword away.
"Your... majesty?" I asked him confused. Normally, I would simply be called 'Princess' or 'Lady,' but never 'your majesty.' That was a title for kings and queens.
"You will be marrying King Arthur in a few months, if I'm correct?" Now it made more sense why he called me 'majesty.'
"Yes... I am." I said, entering the gates, and heading the stables to let my horse rest. I got off my horse and let her graze there. Sir Gawain then led me inside the castle and to B/F/N's room and knocked.
"My lady, you have a visitor." The door opened with B/F/N there.
"Y/N!"
"B/F/N!" We hugged each other, "How's it been?"
"Great, come on in. Thank you Sir Gawain." B/F/N gave him a smile.
"Anytime, Princess." he had left and went back to his post. I noticed that B/F/N was blushing and grinned.
"Someone's got a crush, don't they?" I teased, making B/F/N blush more.
"What?! No, he's just... really sweet."
"Awww!"
"Stop that! It's nothing, really!"
"If you say so. When did he become your guard?"
"We've had more attacks from the outsiders, so my father recommended that we get a personal guard for me, which happened to be Sir Gawain, and he's been really nice to hang around with."
"That's so cute!" I squealed.
"Anyways, how've you been?"
"I got a personal guard too. Sir Lancelot."
"That's so awesome! Is he as cool and strong as everyone says he is?"
"Yes he is. Very strong and very caring, and a good friend too."
"Really? I heard that Lancelot usually doesn't express his emotions well and stays solo."
"No, that's not true. He may seem to be silent and alone on the outside, but he's got a big heart. I would know, he saved my life."
"He did?! What happened?" B/F/N sprang up.
"It was nothing. Some Mobians tried to harass me, but he rescued me before they could." I sighed, thinking, "Such wonderful, ruby eyes he has-!" B/F/N looked at me with shock, and then realized what I had said, "What I meant was-"
"YOU LIKE HIM!!!" B/F/N exclaimed, and I shushed her.
"What?! No I don't. Don't be absurd." I turned my head away, since I could feel a blush on my face.
"You just complemented his eyes. Not just anyone does that." B/F/N smirked, "I think that it's cute."
"Ridiculous. Remember, I'm suppose to marry King Arthur." I reminded her.
"But remember what Nimue said. She said that you wouldn't and that King Arthur would marry someone else."
"I-I... I don't know."
"Hmm... There's only one way to find out." B/F/N got out a pen and paper, "So Y/N, tell me how you feel when around Lancelot?" I gave her my 'are you serious?' face, before rolling my eyes, knowing that I didn't have a choice in the matter.
"When I'm around him, I feel so... happy. He's so caring and kind to me. There's no one in the world like him."
"Aha... and how does your heart feel?"
"It feels... elated, I guess."
"Alright, then my notes have a conclusion...." B/F/N paused, grinning, "You love him!
"What?! Again with that nonsense! We're just friends, nothing more." I blushed, while B/F/N giggled.
"If you say so." she mimicked me, which made me roll my eyes again.
I couldn't possibly love him. I mean, we're just friends... right?