Love Begins to Blossom

Y/N's Pov.

*next day*

I was happy to return home and find Shadow feeling much better. Most of his wounds were healed or almost healed. It made me feel even better that King Sonic might change the rules, but then again, it wouldn't be his choice. The people have a say in this too. This thought was bugging me all day, and Shadow began to notice while we were walking in the garden.
"Y/N, you've been really out of it today. Is something the matter?" he asked, concerned.
"No, just thinking about something."
"About what?" I felt myself tense up. I didn't want to tell him what I was really thinking, so I thought of something similar.
"About the rules. One in particular. The one that royalty must marry other royalty."
"Oh yeah... that one..." Shadow sounded sad when I brought it up.
"What do you think of it?" I asked him.
"Well... to be honest, I'm not a big fan of it. It doesn't feel right to me. Everyone should be free to marry whom they choose, and who chooses them of course." he stated, turning his head away. His face looked red to me.
"Do you have anyone that you love?" I covered my mouth when I said that. I let it slip, "I didn't meant to ask you! Sorry-"
"Yes, I do." I stopped panicking.
"Who?" I questioned.
"Well- It's a secret."
"Come on, tell me." I poked his arm.
"No." Shadow
"Please!" I kept poking him.
"No." Shadow's face turned red again, trying to keep my from poking him.
"Tell me, tell me, tell me!" I tickled his chest fur.
"What are you- HA HA HA HA! Stop, that tickles!" he started laughing, trying to get me to stop.
"Not until you tell me." I teased, still tickling him.
"Alright, you asked for it." I looked at him, confused. Suddenly, he tackled me to the ground. It didn't hurt when I hit the ground, but I still kept my eyes closed in case of collision. When I opened them again, I saw Shadow smirking.
"Nice try, but it'll take a lot more than that to best the likes of me." Shadow was now on top of me as I was laying on the ground, which made me blush a lot, before I started giggling.
"Alright, you win." Shadow chuckled, helping me stand up, "I don't think that I've ever laughed that much before."
"Me neither. I actually didn't think that I could laugh at all, with my normally serious nature."
"I guess that spending time with me has really made a difference on you." I said proudly.
"Yeah, I guess so." he said, before we both burst out laughing again.

Amy's/Nimue's Pov.

I was watching the two lovebirds from afar. They don't realize it yet, but they're love shall change the course of all of Camelot. And I'm glad that Sonic is on her side with this. Probably because of his own affair with Blaze, which I also support. I cannot wait until the day their wedding bells ring, for I know that it'll come... someday.