The Hint

Y/N's Pov.

*next morning*

"Wakie wakie, Y/N!" I woke up to B/F/N calling me.
"Five more minutes..." I put my pillow over my head.
"Come on, we're going to see Nimue today, remember?" I remembered that we agreed to go meet Amy today at Misty Lake to ask her about my fate.
"Fine." I woke up. B/F/N was already dressed, so she went to the kitchen to wait for me. Once I was dressed, I followed B/F/N into the kitchen. We both grabbed a quick muffin before leaving. When I come back, I'll have a more proper breakfast, but I really wanted to do this now. We headed over to the stables, where our horses awaited us. B/F/N went over to feed her horse, B/F/H/N (best friend's horse's name), which had arrived on yesterday. I had grabbed several apples and carrot to feed my horse. When we finished, we grabbed our saddles and reins, and we put them on our horses.
"And where are you two off to so early in the morning?" I turned around to see my mother standing there.
"Morning Mom. We're just taking them out for a ride. You know that they need their exercise." I told Mother, getting on my horse. I didn't really think that I should tell her the real reason since she would then question me as to why, which might later lead to some consequences.
"Alright, be careful. And don't stay out too long." Mother reminded me.
"We won't. Bye!" I told her, riding my horse out the stable, B/F/N behind me. Once we left the castle borders, B/F/N's came up with an idea.
"Want to race there?"
"Last one there's a rotten egg!" I answered her, telling my horse to gallop, B/F/N following. I was in the lead, but B/F/N caught up soon. We had taken the route through the forest that involved some obstacles, such as fallen trees and small creeks. Thankfully, we were both trained well in the art of horse-back riding, so we had no trouble getting through. The race ended in a tie. When we reached the lake, we got off our horses and let them graze. B/F/N and I then went to look around to find Nimue.
"Amy! Are you around? I need to speak with you." I saw a ripple in the water. Suddenly, a bunch of water spiraled into the air and then fell back down. Nimue had awoken from the lake.
"Ah, Y/N and B/F/N. It's been quite a while. How've you been?"
"We've been good. And you?"
"Same with me. What brings you to my lake?"
"Y/N got engaged to King Arthur, did you hear?" B/F/N questioned.
"Yes I have. Great news if I say so myself." I sighed, getting Nimue's attention, "You do not seem pleased with it Y/N?"
"Well, it's sort of confusing. Sure, there are some good things to marrying the King of all of Camelot, but my heart just... it doesn't feel like how you told me it would when I am in love." Amy was the one who explained the whole 'love' concept to me in the first place, and how you feel about it.
"I see. You do not think he's the one for you?" she questioned.
"That's why I came to you. I was thinking that you would have some answers for me." I told her. Nimue pondered for a bit, before responding.
"Love is a strange feeling, a strange emotion to experience. When you're in love, you feel heart has been taken away by the one. You feel as if he's your own knight in shining armor, and you wish to be by his side all the time. Is that not how you feel?"
"Well, I don't think that my heart is 'taken away' by him, but I'm not so sure about the rest. It's not like I can say that I don't think he's my knight in shining armor, or that I don't want to be by his side. It's just... not the same as you describe it."
"Ohh. That must mean that you're not really in love with him, and that you could only see him as a friend." she had summoned a pool of water, which turned into a table, "I shall see if he is the one that your destiny foretold." After about a minute of looking at the table, Nimue grinned.
"Perhaps you are correct in him not being the one for you. He is not shown in your destiny."
"He's not. I'm glad to know that, but not sure how that could be possible. After all, we are engaged now, and there's nothing I can do about it."
"That's not necessarily true. Remember, you are a princess and you have your own right to choose as well."
"But it's not like I can speak against his decision. He's King Arthur!" I exclaimed.
"Maybe, but perhaps the King is unsure too."
"Unsure?" I asked.
"Yes, for I looked in his destiny a long time ago and saw another maiden that he would wed for he had fallen for. He wanted to, but couldn't because of the rules."
"Who?"
"That is something that I cannot say, but I can give you a hint about your true beloved if you want." I nodded, letting her continue, "He is a brave and noble knight. He prefers to hide his real emotion, but he's got a kind heart inside which only you could find. King Arthur has a golden heart, a pure heart of love and compassion. However you're beloved has a silver heart, one who's pure in empathy and trust."
"Huh?" This wasn't making any sense to me at all. I knew that Amy always talked in riddles, but a silver heart? What kind of hint is that? That could be anyone, or more specifically, any knight.
"What about me?" B/F/N jumped in, "Can I get a hint about my true love?"
"Of course you may. You're true love is also a brave and noble knight. He may seem gruff and rough on the outside, but he's got a very loyal heart, one of bronze, meaning that he's pure in courage and pride."
"Ohh!" B/F/N said, before whispering to me, "I have no idea what that means."
"Me either. What exactly do you mean by 'silver' and 'bronze' heart?"
"You'll have to figure that out for yourself. And now, I bid you farewell." Nimue said, before the water consumed her and she vanished. I sighed. I went back over to my horse, and so did B/F/N.
"I got to go Y/N. Daddy going to be pretty mad if I don't get home soon." She told me, mounting her horse.
"Alright, I'll see you later." I told her, and we both went in different directions. While riding back, I thought about what Amy meant. At least I knew that it was a knight, so that was a good place to start. And to think that King Sonic actually likes someone else, but can't marry her because of the rules, being that only royalty could marry other royalty. But still, who could my true love be?
__________________________________________________________________________________
Can you guess who I paired up with Sonic and B/F/N? >w< You'll have to wait and see! :D Hope you like the chappie!