Spending time with king Arthur

Y/N's Pov.

*next day*

Since Shadow was injured, Mother recommended that I should visit King Arthur, since we're going to be wed, which I didn't really like. I didn't really want to go. I wanted to stay near Shadow until he's better, but he, himself, insisted.
"You should go. After all, you will be his future bride in a month." I thought that I heard some sadness in his voice, but I must've just imagined it. I nodded and left for the King's Castle. King Arthur was already informed that I was coming. When I arrived there, the King was waiting for me.
"Good day, Miss Y/N." he bowed, and I curtsied.
"Same to you, King Arthur."
"No need to call me King Arthur, just call me Sonic, or King Sonic."
"Alright, King Sonic." I was still trying to be polite, so I kept the 'King' title in the front of his name.
"Would you like to accompany me for a walk in the garden?"
"Sure."
We headed to his garden, which was huge, much larger than mine at least. Then again, this was the King's garden.
"It's a nice garden." I tried to start a conversation.
"Thank you." he replied. We didn't talk much afterwards. The small talk that we did have was to get to know each other better, such as what we like to do for fun, or how's it been since the engagement.
After walking for sometime, King Sonic stopped walking. I looked at him and noticed him in a daze. I looked to where he was looking and noticed Sir Percival, the only female knight of the Round Table, at her post. I looked back at the King. He was blushing! Wait... she is the one that King Arthur likes, but it's against the rules for a King to marry a knight... or for a princess to marry a knight either.
"Um... King Arthur?" I snapped him out of his thoughts.
"Yes, my bad Princess. I'm just... tired, that's all." I heard hesitation in his voice, meaning that he was lying.
"Of course." I started, "By the way, do you really want to marry me?"
"Huh? What do you mean?" he asked, confused.
"Well, it's just that by rules, you have to marry a princess, but is that what you're heart told you to do?"
"Well- I-" King Sonic blushed. I never expected to hear King Arthur stammer before.
"Please be honest with me." I had to know if this was the truth. I heard him sigh.
"No... I'm sorry, I-"
"It's okay. I'm not mad."
"You're not?"
"Not really. I mean, you seem to have a thing for Sir Percival, if I'm correct?" I teased, which made the King blush more.
"Wha- I- Don'ttellanyoneplease!"
"I won't. In fact, I think it's cute. A King in love with a knight." I grinned.
"Not that it'll ever happen." King Sonic looked disappointed, "It's against the rules, and everyone knows it."
"Rules can change you know."
"But not this one."
"Says who? I mean, I'm in love with-" I stopped myself, realizing what I was going to say.
"In love with who?" King Sonic looked at me with a smirk on his face.
"No one. Forgot I ever said that." I tried to take it back, but had no luck.
"Come on, please tell me. I promise not to get mad."
"Well..." I still hesitated, so the King came up with an idea.
"I'll do my best to change that rule about only royalty marrying other royalty. Then we can both marry who we love." This got my attention. Change the rules? That's never been done before. King Sonic just gave me a thumbs up, so I decided to tell him.
"I... I'm still not 100% sure, but I think that I'm in love with Sir Lancelot." I admitted.
"Sir Lancelot? He's your new guard, isn't he?" I nodded, covering my face to hide my blush, "Don't be ashamed, I think that's sweet."
"You do?"
"Yeah. I mean, I'm the same with... you know..." he pointed to Percival, blushing.
"Yeah, but what about my parents?"
"I'll deal with everything. Trust me! We'll both get out happily ever after's! I just know it!" he grinned at me. I smiled. For a King, he was a very strange one, but a nice one at that.