True Love Conquers All: Part 1

Y/N's Pov.

The past days that I've spent here has been like life in a dungeon. And what made it worse was that I was always watched by the green hedgehog, who I found out was named Scourge, which made it almost impossible for me to even try to escape. Currently at this moment, I was eating dinner, and unfortunately, with "him." He was sitting at the opposite end of the table, spinning his cup with the drink in it. Neither of us spoke, not that I wanted to anyways. I would never like to come in contact with this demon. Suddenly, Mephiles' ears perked up and he smirked.
"Well my dear, it looks as if we have a guest." Mephiles stated.
"Shadow..." I whispered, dropping my fork.

Shadow's Pov.

I snuck into the castle through the underground sewer, allowing myself not to be noticed. Man, did they have a lot a guards waiting for me when I entered the castle itself. I managed to talk most of them out, but with one down, a new one took their place. Right as I was being cornered, they were all hit with some fire tornado.
"You should know better than to try to save Y/N without us, huh Shadow?" I turned around and saw Knuckles knocking out another of the guards, with the other knights, and King Arthur, behind him.
"How did you-"
"Nimue told us where you went off, so we followed you here." King Sonic stated, jostling another Outsider.
"You go on, we'll handle these guys!" Blaze stated, using her fire attack on another Outsider.
"Thanks!" I ran ahead of everyone. I easily defeated every Outsider in my way. No one was going to stop me from getting my Y/N back! Eventually, I ran into a large, circular room. In the center of it, "he" was standing there.
"Where is she you demon!?" I held up my sword threateningly. He snapped his fingers and Y/N appeared behind him, but she was surrounded by a barrier that didn't let her run away. She looked at me with both happiness and worriedness in her eyes.
"She's safe, for now. I don't even see why do you want her back so badly. You know that she'll marry your 'king' anyways." Mephiles put emphasize on the word "king."
"Because I love her, that's why!" I charged at him, but he seemed to have vanished. He reappeared behind me and tried to attack me with his sword, but I blocked it.
"Tell you what, you beat me in a duel, and she goes free. If I beat you, then Y/N belongs to me." Mephiles grinned evilly. I growled at him.
"Bring it! I won't lose her, especially not to the likes of you!" I held up my sword, ready for combat.