Chapter 2: Gameplay

In the coming weeks, Sherlock was quick to find that Moran was a quick and merciless tutor. His lessons was harsh, and his scoldings were even harsher. Moran was not afraid to give the detective blows, both physical and emotional to keep his form improving. Much to Seb's surprise, Sherlock excelled with the harsh conditioning process. What Moran didn't anticipate was Sherlock's relentless and unyielding dedication to the task. Very quickly, the tables began to turn. Sherlock evaded Moran's correcting slaps. Soon it was much harder to make the detective yield or to even take him down.

Though Sherlock would never be fully on par with the lifetime experience the mercenary had, the detective was a force to be reckoned with. If not with his sheer intensity. Moran wasn't a detective but he was no idiot. Seb knew that the detective knew that the training was an outlet to deal with the pain that Watson caused. The harsh scoldings became a channel for the pain and frustration caused by a man Sherlock thought was his best and most loyal friend.

Sherlock's intensity was becoming destructive. The man barely ate or slept. Every waking moment was dedicated to wailing on the punching bag until his knuckles bled. When not practicing, he was taking a beating from Seb himself.

Seb did note that the drug usage had stopped, thank goodness.. But the detective only channeled one bad habit for another.

There was only one thing Seb could do. He had to floor the detective fully on his ass to get him to take a breather. In the weeks the two trained together, the two developed a mutual respect. Sherlock generally speaking, kept to himself and let Seb have plenty of space. Sherlock had made it abundantly clear that he had no intention of using the sniper for any other purpose than taking on Moriarty.

Sherlock's distance had a peculiar effect on the sniper. If anything the aloofness just peaked the sniper's interest in the detective. Seb wanted a chance to figure out his new associate. Seb looked down at his watch, it was time for another training session with Sherlock. Seb quickly changed and strided into the gym. Seb is not surprised to see Sherlock already there, doing inverted pull ups. Sherlock paused mid rep to look at Seb upside down. "Are we due for another lesson. sir." the detective purred.

"Yes actually. It would be preferable that you get down here. Immediately. " Seb pried his eyes from the smooth muscle that he was responsible for creating.

"yes. sir."the detective smirked and detangled himself from the piping. Letting go of the structure, Sherlock landed soundlessly in a crouch a few paces away from Seb. Though he would never admit it outloud, Seb got a major power trip at the way Sherlock called him sir when Seb conditioned the detective.

Sherlock inclined his head slightly to Seb, the movement both respectful but also kinda cheeky. "Shall we begin your lesson, sir?" Sherlock asked. Seb pulled his pull over sweater off and tossed it aside. Sherlock oped to keep his sweatshirt on, that was another thing that Seb noticed about Sherlock,. The detective made it a point not to show off any unnecessary skin, particularly on his collar/torso area. Seb otherwise preferred to go in a thin long sleeve when he was sparring with Sherlock.

Seb gives the begin signal and Sherlock strides forward, posture ready but relaxed. Sherlock fixed those pale eyes on Seb, reading him like one might a book. Sherlock was looking for openings to land a solid hit. By this time, Sherlock knew that Seb was dangerous and merciless when it came to their spars. It was not uncommon for both of them to walk away from the sessions with several bruises, but Seb never got to see the direct aftermath of his strikes on Sherlock's skin.

Seb lunged forward at Sherlock swinging at him. Sherlock evades but only barely. Seb's knuckles graze the detective's ribs. Sherlock barely registers the connected blow before he lands one himself. Seb recognized the look again. Sherlock had a point to make and wasn't going to stop until he physically couldn't. Seb had do something about it. He moves forward grabbing Sherlock's arm and pulls. A sickening pop echoes throughout the gym making Seb cringe.