Chapter 4: Castling

Amazingly enough in the next couple weeks the bond drew them closer to each other. Sherlock still was forced to wear the sling, but the lack of movement was driving the detective mad. The lack of physical progress with his training was making Sherlock bored and frustrated. So, to compensate, Sherlock dedicated his time to more mental challenges associated with destroying the Spider's carefully constructed web of crime.  

Seb walks into the room to see Sherlock working with another young man with dark hair and glasses. "Seb, this is my technology consultant. In all my years of working, he is the very best at what he does. Smith will be helping me hold up my end of the bargain of our arrangement, Moran." Sherlock purred, looking back at Seb. "Smith... at your convenience...." Sherlock gestured at the screen.

Smith nods and begin to work, his fingers flying across the keys. A few lines of code later, Smith steps back and looks back at Seb. He winks and hits enter. The algorithm goes to work. A few minutes later, both men look back at Seb. "It's done. Congratulations....You are officially a ghost. Sebastian Moran's record is now gone. Untraceable, undoable. No one can ever use your information against you again. It doesn't exist" Smith smirks. "Your reputation once again proceeds you, well done old friend." Sherlock smirks.

"So, Moran.... How does it feel?" Smith asked Seb.

 His eyes go wide and he feels something indescribable go through him. He swallows and realizes that it was pure relief.

"It feels absolutely amazing. Thank you. " the grin that overtakes his face is of true joy. "I owed Holmes a favor for an old case. It was my pleasure." Smith shakes Seb's hand and leaves the two alone.

Seb quickly strides over to Sherlock and kisses him without a word. Sherlock inhales softly with surprise, but returns it. This was the first time Seb had gotten physically affectionate since that one night. For whatever reason, Sherlock thought it was a one time deal, sparked by from two men desperate for intimacy an escape from their own nightmares. Sherlock really had no idea that Seb wanted more.  

"Like i said...I am a man of my word." Sherlock says softly when Seb pulls off. Sherlock pulls back to read Seb's face. Seb is happy and relieved and a flurry of other emotions. "Thank you. I can't tell you what this means to me. "Seb exclaimed. "I was holding up my end of the deal." Sherlock shrugs. "And to prove a point. To you." Sherlock continues, eyeing Seb. "Of what exactly?" Seb asks. "You know what I mean." Sherlock responded. Seb shakes his head. "I really don't. " he says softly. Sherlock pats Seb's massive shoulder. "I will let you stew it over. Think about it and if you want to talk more, I shall be in my room. The door will be unlocked." With that Sherlock saunters off.

That he's not using me...that he's not going to. A gift of a clean slate... If he wanted me under his thumb, he would have used my background as leverage. He gave up his leverage on me... oh wow.... Seb's thoughts swirl. The ball was now in Seb's court. Seb had a clean slate now. He could walk away, if he really wanted to. Sherlock had placed his trust in Seb in doing the opposite.

What did Seb want?

He wanted Sherlock. And in a way he needed him. Before he knew it he found himself walking in the direction of Sherlock's room. Despite the fact he was told it was going to be unlocked he knocks. "Come in" Sherlock's voice on the other side invited him in.

Seb opens the door to see the detective sitting in the center of his bed with his phone. Sherlock puts the phone aside and looks up at Seb.

"I know what it was now and I um..." Seb lost his words as quickly as he found them. He looks at the floor, seemingly willing the wood to give him his words back. All the while Sherlock is silent, allowing Seb to find the words on his own time. "I just want to thank you. For everything. I do realise this is you saying I can leave but, I'm not going to. "