♡︎𝓐 𝓣𝓾𝓰♡︎

𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 keep up with Michikatsu who was relentless in his attacks. She had no time to falter and needed to simply just act. As she was avoiding another attack from Michikatsu she tried to look for any openings. Ducking under Michikatsu's attack she was left distraught when she found no openings.

'Then I need to make one!'

Swiftly she striked upwards in order to hit him from bellow and me managed to avoid her attack easily. She was then quick to dash forward catching Michikatsu as he still moved back. Using her wooden sword she cut downwards on Michikatsu.

Or at least she tried to.

Now she was on her back with a wooden sword being pressed against her throat and Michikatsu looking down at her.

"That was better than last time." Michikatsu simply said giving her some sort of praise.

'Could I call it that?'

"You did great Y/n!" Kanae clapped from where she sat and giving a bright smile. Letting out a groan Y/n sat up from the ground while rubbing the back of her head.

"Thanks Kanae." She thanked as she got up from the ground.

'I'm not really making much progress, Kanae can hold up against Michikatsu far better.'

"Can we take a break.." Y/n sighed out and she almost emidatly got hit in the head. Letting out a small yelp she held her head before looking up at Michikatsu.

"It's only in the afternoon, if you keep taking breaks you'll never get better." Michikatsu sternly said and Y/n let out a small huff while glancing to the side. Letting her hand fall from her head she walked over to her bag.

"It doesn't matter if I don't seem to be getting better anyhow." She simply said before picking up her bag and walking further into the forest. Michikatsu and Kanae watched as Y/n left into the forest. Grumbling under his breath Michikatsu threw aside the wooden sword he held.

"Does she really think she's not improving?" Kanae said as she looked over to Michikatsu who walked over and sat next to her.

"She should be doing better than this, she's holding back her strength." Michikatsu said as he crossed his arms and let his head fall.

"She is?"

"Yes she's been holding her strength back this entire time. She can never hope to get better when she's constantly holding back." Michikatsu said his annoyance being clear as he spoke. Kanae was surprised with this new found information and simply sat and thought. The two sat in silence with only the wind blowing against the trees and birds being heard.

"Maybe it's strength that she is unaware of." Michikatsu perked up at this before glancing over to Kanae who looked up at the sky. The weather was perfect with a few clouds Being in the sky and the sun shining brightly. It wasn't too cold or too hot but an in-between warm breeze.

"Perhaps one of us should go get Y/n."

════════ ◖◍◗ ════════

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 why he agreed to go look for Y/n in the first place. He had thought of leaving it up to Kanae but he ended up agreeing to do so. Glaring ahead of him he couldn't help but to think something was wrong with him.

Or perhaps it was Y/n who was the problem.

He didn't know but something draws him close to her and he feels obligated to stay by her side. It was interesting yet annoying feeling as if it wasn't for this feeling, this pull. Well he would already be a demon again.

'It's not like she can protect herself anyhow...'

Looking up at the sky he took in how beautiful the day time had looked. Being under the sun and seeing the beauty of day was something he had not felt or seen in years. Truly it was a sight to miss but even then his drive for power outweighed his want to see the beautiful daylight. But why hadn't his want for power outweigh the tug he was feeling.

'I'm sure I'll get answers soon..'

Faltering he could see Y/n sitting near a river holding her knees to her chest. From where he stood he could see something running down her face.

She was crying.

'Why...'

Slowly he walked over before sitting down next to Y/n who flinched having realized he was there. Y/n glanced over to Michikatsu startled before she tried to whipe her tears. Faltering she looked up at Michikatsu who held both her wrist.

'Why is it...'

Calmly he pulled Y/n close to his chest and began to gently rub her head. He could feel Y/n slightly shake before hugging onto him. Michikatsu hadn't thought that Y/n was going through mental anguish as they trained.

Why did it matter to him, he shouldn't care.

"I'm sorry, this was sudden and stupid..." Y/n apologized and Michikatsu simply let out a small sigh. Pulling Y/n a bit closer he looked down at the grass bellow them and tried to think of what to say. He wasn't even really sure of what he was doing.

Or why he cared.

"It's been almost a month and you feel like your not making progress and that's fine...you may not see it but you are making progress. Your getting stronger." Michikatsu mumbled out not too sure if that was the correct thing to say. He's never needed to comfort someone before and especially not after years of being a man eating demon. This all felt so new to him, all he wanted to do was go back to how things was before.

"That I care about you so much." He whispered out as he held Y/n close to him. Did he perhaps want to go back to the times where he and Yoriichi stuck together.

'No, never. It is a foolish thought in the first place, he is long since gone.'