Chapter 10

"Wow." Draco sighed. "That is a lot." Everyone nodded.

"I think we need a change." Lucius suggested. "Draco, didn't you get the timetables?"

Draco nodded and took at a piece of paper. "We get to choose which core and electives we want, because we are still developing our bond, we can't really be far from each other for so long without getting worried. So, Severus was able to suggest that we only take some of the core classes." He explained.

"But what will we do with our O.W.L.S?" Rosie asked. They had their O.W.L.S. at the end of their fifth year. They needed all the O.W.L.S. if they wanted a future.

"I can teach you the lessons you missed. Severus can get me the syllabus and we can do it our way... just the three of us." Lucius suggested.

"I think that's a great idea!" Rosie smiled. "What do you think of that idea?" She asked Draco.

"I think that's a great idea." Draco smiled at his father. He always loved having his father teach him things, he always learnt more with his father compared to Hogwarts.

"Great! Let's go through these." Draco placed their timetable choices on the table for all to see.

Core:

Transfiguration

Charms

Potions

History of Magic

Defence Against the Dark Arts

Astronomy

Herbology

Electives:

Arithmancy

Study of Ancient Runes

Care of Magical Creatures

Muggle Studies

Flying

Divination

"Well, I refuse to take Divination again." Rosabelle shook her head. Draco and Lucius laughed at her immediate refusal. "Care of Magical Creatures would be safer to learn from a book instead of actually being in class. I mean, I love Hagrid, don't get me wrong, but it would be safer to learn from a book." Draco crossed out Divination and Care of Magical Creatures.

"We already know how to fly and anything we want to learn we can just teach ourselves. It was only a core class for first year." Draco crossed out Flying. "And we are not taking Muggle Studies." He crossed out Muggle Studies.

"Besides, I've lived with Muggles, so I'm not wasting my time learning it like Hermione does."

"So, you have Arithmancy and Study of Ancient Runes left. You do need two electives, so what do you think about them?" Lucius asked.

"I'm happy with those. Draco?"

"Yeah, I'm happy too." Draco smiled at her.

"Now, let's do the Core classes." Rosabelle grabbed the paper. "We'll take Potions and Defence Against the Dark Arts and Charms, because we share them anyway." She wrote them on a separate paper with the chosen electives.

"We don't need to take Astronomy because I'm part of the Black Family so Narcissa taught me Astronomy as I grew up, and Father can easily teach us History because the Malfoy names come from Roman Warriors." Draco crossed those two classes out.

"So..." Rosabelle grabbed the paper from the table to read out the choices they made. "We'll have Lucius teach us: History and Transfiguration. You can teach me Astronomy, and we'll learn Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology from the books on the reading list and we'll take Potions, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Charms with the others."

"We did it!" Draco cheered. "Now all we have to do it is send it to Dumbledore and McGonagall." He grabbed the paper with their classes and attached it to their owl. He opened his mouth but Rosabelle spoke instead.

"Go to McGonagall office." Draco gave her a confused look. "I sent it to her instead because I have a feeling that Dumbledore would just change the choices to suit him instead, this way we have a third-party unbiased witness of our choices." She explained, Draco nodded in agreement.

***

"When are we doing the plan!" A shriek echoed.

"Enough! Merlin, you are so irritating!" A harsh voice spoke.

"They've just chosen their new timetables; they're only going to get closer with each other." The voice whined.

"It will be fine. We are going to break them up." A loud crackle echoed. They knew exactly when to do the plan.

***

Professor McGonagall was sat at her table marking the recent homework submission for her third-year class, she looked at the current work in disappointment, this student was able to do so much more. She heard a hoot come from the window and saw an owl, she noticed the letter attached to its leg, she grabbed the letter and read the contents, it was the timetable for Rosabelle Potter and Draco Malfoy.

She nodded to herself in agreement at the choices and made her way to Professor Dumbledore to inform him.

"Acid Pops." The griffin statue revolved upwards revealing stairs, as soon as the top step appear, Professor McGonagall step on it, and was brought up to his office.

"Minerva, how are you?" Professor Dumbledore smiled at Professor McGonagall with his signature twinkle in his eye.

"I'm fine Albus, Rosabelle and Draco have chosen their new timetable." She said, handing him the paper. He gave it a once over before grabbing a quill and was just about to make changes when Professor McGonagall stopped him. "Albus." She grabbed his arm. "What are you doing?"

"They're not taking Care of Magical Creatures. I'm adding that as one of their choices." He explained.

"Why do they have to take Care of Magical Creatures? It's an elective." Professor McGonagall asked him, confused. "We can't force them."

"Rosabelle needs to be on Hagrid's class. It shows that his class has importance, we need her on Hagrid's side."

"Albus, we have three houses on his side, if Rosabelle doesn't want to take the class then it's fine."

"If she's not there, then people will think that the class isn't important." Professor Dumbledore tried to defend his choice, but Professor McGonagall wasn't listening.

"Hagrid's class will be fine. Rosabelle should be able to take the classes that she wants. You are not to change a thing, I have a copy of their choices and I will make the correct timetable if I have it." She walked out, leaving behind a stunned Albus Dumbledore.