Chapter 12

"Who called has called for the Veela court?" A woman's voice echoed throughout the room.

Lucius stood up. "I have, Your Highness."

"For what purpose?" She asked.

"Disrupting the natural bond between soulmates and for child abuse, Your Highness."

"How do the defendants plea?"

"Not guilty. Your Highness." The opposing barrister replied.

"Do you have evidence to support your accusation?"

"I do. I have Nicholas Malfoy, the accused's son and victim of the abuse alongside with his mate Ethan Thomas. Nicholas will discuss the abuse he has suffered and Ethan is a witness to the accused's attempts of separate the pair."

"Will the persecution call their first witness?" The woman spoke.

"I call Nicholas Malfoy to the stand." Lucius said.

Rosabelle leaned in to Draco's ear. "I didn't know your father was a barrister." She whispered.

"Before he was the school governor, he was a barrister, then when he became school governor he stopped. But after he was sacked, he didn't have it in him to be a barrister again, the only time he becomes a barrister is when the family needs him." Draco explained.

Nicholas stood up at his cue, and walked to the stand, ready to testify against his parents.

"Can you say your name for the record?"

"Nicholas Malfoy."

"Nicholas, good to see you outside of St Mungos. I hope you are feeling better." Lucius gave his nephew a soft smile, making Nicholas feel at ease.

"Yes, after what my parents did to me, I do feel better."

"Objection!" The barrister Nicholas' parents hired. "Allegedly did."

"The witness does not need to say allegedly when he can confirm the accusation." Lucius defended Nicholas.

"Overruled. Continue Lord Malfoy."

"Thank you, Your Highness." Lucius looked back at Nicholas. " Nicholas, can you tell what occurred on your family vacation from a few days ago?"

"My family and I recently on a family vacation to Rome. We were wearing in a restaurant when I spelt this intoxicating scent." Ethan blushed. "I looked around to find what was making that smell and that's when I saw him. My soulmate. I had this huge smile and was so focused on him, I didn't realise what my parents were planning."

"What were they planning?"

"Objection!"

"On what grounds?"

"Speculation. The witness does not actually know what my clients were actually thinking at that time."

"Sustained. Lord Malfoy, ask a new question." The woman instructed.

"Understood. Nicholas, can you continue telling us what happened next?" Lucius asked.

"After we had eaten, we made our way back to our residence, but when I walked through the door, I felt this sharp pain at the back of my head, and then total darkness. When I came to, I was chained against the wall with my parents standing in front of me when sharp objects." Nicholas took in a deep breathe, before speaking in his shaky voice. "They said..."

He was interrupted by the opposing council. "Objection! Hearsay."

"Overruled. Mr Malfoy continue."

"Thank you. They started talking about how I couldn't be with my mate and was meant to be with the lady they arranged me with, and until I obeyed, I wouldn't be seeing the day's light again. I would remain chained and tortured until I agreed." Nicholas looked down, squeezing his eyes tightly, reliving the pain.