Chapter 7: The boy with the Hanafuda Earrings

Akito's POV.

Whenever it snows, the world falls completely silent.

Akito: "On this mountain path, where the red leaves lifeless lie, my heart calls for a companion, echoing the deer's cry."

Akito: *sigh*

It's been 3 months since Masato died, and when I became a pillar.

Kanroji also became a pillar and we've been on separate missions, although she would always insist Oyakata-sama to accompany me in my missions.

And the fact that I almost had missions mostly with Tomioka-san, Kocho-san, and Uzui-san, to the point that she's becoming jealous of the three of them due to how much time I spent with the three of them during missions.

And now, I'm currently with Tomioka-san because there has been a sighting of a demon.

It's been like half a day........

And as of now, we're in the snowy mountains, looking for something.

Giyuu: Haven't you picked up something yet?

Akito: The snowstorm is messing with my senses.

Akito: Even if I command the wind, Mother Nature doesn't want to cooperate with me.

Akito: For a reason only God knows why.

Giyuu: You're right, it's already winter and snowstorms in mountains are really common.

Akito: I can still smell.........

Akito: But with the thick snow around here.........

Akito: ..............

Akito: *sigh*

Akito: Winter is my worse enemy to be honest. Spring, Summer, and Fall, are fine, but winter, the temperature is fine, it's the conditions around winter......

Akito: Especially with my sense of smell that hampers with the snow and the snowstorm.

Giyuu: It seems like to a demon who is weak against the Sun.......

Giyuu: You are somehow weak to winter.......

Akito: *sigh*

Akito: Anyways......

Akito: Let's continue looking for clues........

Until we found an abandoned house.......and this smell........

Akito: Blood! I smell blood! Tomioka-san, over there!

I pointed at the house and we both rushed there and saw the massacre that happened, and that only means one thing.

Akito: The wind here, it's distressed. As if they're screaming in fear. This wind is different from the wind of the demons that I faced before.

Akito: Although Kokushibo's wind is not as intimidating as this one, this wind is just scared. Just who is the demon that massacred this poor family.