Chapter 27: Dawn's Light

3rd POV. Swordsmith Village.

During the chaos wrought by the invading demons, Akito stayed at the village to ensure the safety of the swordsmiths and their families.

When he got the place secured, he went to the direction of the winds where Mitsuri and a new wind that manifested.

Akito can sense dread as he detected wind branches from Upper Four.

Akito: And those branches came together and it became even more sinister.

Akito: And the other faint wind yet connected to that sinister wind.

Akito: That is what my mother told me about Upper Four, Hantengu!

How did Akito even know?

We'll have to look for a few months back, during the time he trained with his mother, Kyouko.

--------------

Flashback. Kaedehara Estate.

Sometime after Kyojuro's death, Akito, decided to train and he asked his mother to train him.

They went through numerous training sessions, such as physical training and mental training.

However, Akito wanted to ask something.

Akito: Mother, can I ask you something.

Kyouko: Sure.

Akito: Since you were the Former Upper Two, do you happen to know the abilities of the other Upper Moons?

Kyouko: Yes. In fact, they even challenged me for a blood battle to switch our places.

Akito: Really?

Kyouko: Listen carefully, Akito, the reason why the Hashira are still losing to the Upper Moons, is due to the fact that these demons always had a twist when they reach critical moments during battle.

Kyouko: The perfect way to start is from Upper Six, which is shares by a pair of siblings, Gyutaro and Daki.

Akito: Wait, two!?

Kyouko: Their winds are two-in-one. In other words, in order to defeat them, they must be beheaded at the same time.

Akito: Is that why.......

Kyouko: Mm.

Akito: Is there a way?

Kyouko: If you are skilled enough, you can behead them at the same time.

Kyouko: Problem is, Gyutaro remains hidden and dormant within Daki.

Kyouko: But once Gyutarou is awake, their power will strengthen and they will share senses.

Kyouko: So, if one is fighting them alone, they're better off dead.

Kyouko: I only managed to beat them by continuously beheading Daki and making Gyutaro submit to madness.