Chapter 13: Rekindling Lost Love

3rd POV. Ubuyashiki Estate.

Akito, who now wears the standard Demon Slayer uniform with his haori, finally returned to the Demon Slayer Corps after two years of self-imposed exile.

The recent hashiras, Obanai and Muichiro finally saw the last member of the legendary Trio of Miracles.

The Trio of Miracles became a legend among the Demon Slayers. The Trio of Miracles was even stated to be as powerful as the Hashira and fought life and death battle but always survived by miracles.

But now, only one is remaining alive of the Trio of Miracles, and currently, he is the Leaf Hashira, Kaedehara Akito.

No one in the Corps knew his name, except for the recent Hashiras.

And now, the Leaf Hashira finally returned and he was welcomed back by the Master.

Kyojurou and Mitsuri wanted to welcome Akito back but they will hold back for a while as they are still on the Hashira Meeting.

Akito knew what was going on from the very beginning. He just chose to watch how will the events unfold. As much as Akito didn't want to interfere too much, he only had to interfere if things are about to escalate.

The moment he swapped the box with maple leaves, Akito did that with his blinding speed and with his fifth form.

And when he let his voice be heard even though he is still hidden, he used his Blood Demon Art: Soumon, to do that.

Once Akito said his greetings, he spoke up.

Akito: Oyakata-sama, if I may, I would like to say a few words to my fellow Hashira, regarding about Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Kagaya: Mm. Proceed.

Akito stood up and pat Tanjiro's head.

Akito: Within those two years, you already grew up. Tanjiro, I'm sure that everything will be worth it.

Akito: That's why, you got to improve your skills.

Akito: I'm sure, you can. That is what the wind is telling me. Your wind is just so kind, and honest.

Tanjiro: Kaedehara-san........

Akito: Do your best, Tanjiro.

Tanjiro: Y-Yes.

Suddenly, Akito appeared in front of Nezuko as he heals Nezuko's wounds via his powers.

Akito: Nezuko. Continue to help your brother to the best of your ability.

Akito: I know you will hold upon your promise. Never stray from your path, and you might see the light that you are looking for.

Nezuko felt warm and fuzzy due to Akito's voice that she's dozing off.

Akito properly let her sleep inside the box, and closed it.

He then picked it up, and gave it to the Kakushi nearby.

Akito: Please.