Welcome Back

Hello!

So, first of all, welcome to the re-written story of Chris and Darcy.

For those of you who may know, this is a spin-off to my story "A Thousand Words." I do recommend reading that story before this, as it will give you more background information about the characters of the book, but this story can stand alone. And yes, to all of my readers who have followed Reece and Jessica through their story, they will be back. Those two have significant impact on Chris and Darcy as role models, old friends, and sibling-like figures, so it's a given that they will return. The main focus of this story, however, will be the kids we know and love, who have grown up and are ready for their own journey. It's set ten years down the road, a few months before the epilogue of "A Thousand Words."

While "A Thousand Words" was written out of Reece's point of view, this one will be written out of Darcy's. I know some people would like for me to continue writing through a guy's point of view and tell the story through Chris, but there's a reason I don't want to. This gives you more insight on Darcy's take on her life, meaning her early childhood, the time after, and the things that have happened in the ten years that you have not read. She's sixteen now and has experienced hardships that you'll soon find out about.

I definitely hope to try something new with this story as I've learned from my experiences with past stories. This story will not solely be on the relationship of Chris and Darcy. I'd like to incorporate other components that make this more than just a teen romance.

This story had previously been on hold for more than a year now. I've gone through a lot of hardships of my own that stopped me from writing for a very long time. I'd fallen out of touch with my writing, which I think contributed to my rising anxiety and sadness. This whole universe that Reece, Jessica, Darcy and Chris live in is so familiar to me that when I began writing the revised version of this story, I felt like I was home again. Like you, their stories mean so much to me, too.

The reason I decided to rewrite this story is because I felt like I really rushed into the story for the sake of having a spin-off. I took down all the previous chapters (except for this author's note which explains the wild views) and have began re-writing/editing them. I think there was more that I wanted to do with Darcy and her story that I decided to fix with this re-write. There are themes, like always, that I want to portray. So, I hope you can bear with me as I try and get back in touch with my creativity and imagination again, and learn to handle my anxiety and sadness.

Thank you to each and every one of you – for those who have been waiting on me for over a year now to update, and for those who may have just read A Thousand Words and hopped on over here. This story is for me and for you.

That being said, welcome to their story. I hope you enjoy.

 I hope you enjoy