chapter ten | documenting in your memory

i've done it! this is the last chapter from the past manuscript, so we'll be getting into newer material. thank you to everyone who's stuck around to read the rewrite - i know my semester hiatuses means i lose a lot of readers, but i'm thankful to all of you for staying with me. your love and patience really do mean the world, so thank you.

i did want to keep this very special chapter in for you guys. kindly point out any weird mistakes and typos, enjoy the chapter!

✦✧✦

from the moment i saw you with your beyblade

i knew my feelings for you wouldn't fade.

i needed you to catch me when i fall

i wanted you to hold me close.

but luck played a trick on me

as always leaving me unhappy.

being miles apart from you tore my heart

i went back to my own nest.

so, when i saw you again

i wanted you to keep me sane.

i wanted you and me

documenting our memory.

thank you to @Bethrocks00 for sharing this poem you made for this story!

✦✧✦

CHRIS P

CHRIS P.OV.

I've got to handle a few things before I can leave. Call when I'm good to go. Under mom orders.

Sent.

I clapped my hands together and braced myself against the counter with a breath. Right.

"Unpack. You and Camryn are not leaving this house until you do because then you'll never do it. Put dirty laundry in the washing machine. Clear the mess in the sink – I better not be coming home to Mount. Dishes in my kitchen sink. Drop Camryn off at Reece's if you leave, and don't forget that you've left her there. You're responsible for picking her up," I read off to Camryn as I trailed into her room. It was late in the morning, and she was still in bed, fully awake, fully lazy.

I'd say this is house arrest, but no. I guess this is our price to pay for being so lazy and useless since coming home from California. We haven't been the best at getting back to our normal chores routine. In our defense, it's only been two days since we came home and we were still in holiday mode. Holiday mode requires minimum work. But man, she knows me well. I probably won't unpack until I've run out of underwear.