CHAPTER 8 - The Small Interaction During Break

Note:

- Cale - Telepathy
'Cale' - Flashbacks
'Cale' - Thought
"Cale" - Talk
Cale - Tcf Story or Story
[Cale] - Cain

*This is an au*

-------

After Cain left, everyone in the room went to do their own things.
Some nobles were talking about how to get on Cale good side, while some were thinking about how to get rid of Cale.

Many different race were either stay together or went their own ways.

While Cale was leaning against the wall with a wine glass in his hand. He was to lost in thought, as he was thinking about how to borrow the necromancer's power. Then at that moment.

"U-uhm. Excuse me..." Mary was the one who called out to him. She was a bit nervous which was quite weird for her to feel this way.

"Yes?" Cale answered with a confused face. He was actually confused. Even though he was thinking about how to borrow her power, he didn't think she would be the one to talk to him first. He couldn't see her face as the hood that she wear already cover all of her face.

"Thank you very much for earlier. I couldn't say this earlier because you were resting." Mary said as she bow a little toward him.

"Oh... Uh it's okay." Cale was a little surprised as he didn't really expect her to thank him.

"Don't you...find it uncomfortable to talked with, someone who used dead mana, like me?" Mary asked in a quiet voice but Cale could still hear her. Mary was looking down at her feet.

Even though, Mary knows that he's different from other and probably wouldn't judge her for that but she couldn't help it.

"What's wrong with that?"

Mary look up when she heard his answer.

"There's nothing wrong with you using dead mana. It's your choice. Just because you used dead mana does not mean you are evil." Cale said as he sip his wine. He wasn't look at her but at the people who were chatting.

Cale then turn to look at Mary and said in a low voice, so that only her could hear him.
"Also some of my people actually used dead mana, you know?"

Mary look at him in shock when she heard that.

There was a smile on his face as he continued.
"So don't worry about that and enjoy yourself. Ignored other people words. It's not like you eat their food."

Mary still has a shocked expression even though no one could see it. She didn't expect there was someone else, other than those that raised her, who didn't care about her using dead mana. She was really happy.

"Thank you very much, young master-nim." She said with a smile as she lift her hood just enough for him to see that she was sincere.

"Sure." Cale said as he subconsciously pat her head like he did to his kids. To be honest, he's a little surprised that she actually let him see her face even if it just a little.

Mary was a bit surprised at his action but she subconsciously lean into his touch because it feels warm to her.

When Cale realize what he just did, he wants to pulled his hand back but stop when he feels her leaning into his touch.

-

Many people were watching their interaction in curiosity. Some were still a bit surprised that Cale could talk to, someone who dead mana, so casually.

Tasha smile. She was really glad that Cale didn't chase Mary away when Mary talk to him. This is the first time that Mary asking for permission to talked to someone that she didn't even know.