Five

ARABELLA

I hiss in pain when I accidentally touch the straightener. Ouch.

As soon as we got home, Adam started to demand me to do things. Such as put on some makeup to cover up my face or go straighten my hair.

He just wants me to feel pretty.

But I don't. I never do with him.

When I'm finished with my hair, I come my fingers through it and pat it down. I put some oils in it before walking out the bathroom.

I peek out the doorway and see Adam on our couch, watching TV.

I nervously walk my way over to him and sit beside him. It's silent for a moment before he grabs my arm ruffly and tugs me towards him. I cuddle up onto his side as he whispers in my ear.

"You. Are. Mine. Don't forget that." He growls and I try not to cry. I don't want to be his. I want us to be each other's.

A team.

I just silently nod and watch this fighting show he has on.

"Are we ever going to go back...?" I hesitantly say after a moment and he tenses beneath me.

"What did you just say?" He turns his head and looks down at me with anger.

"N-Nothing." I stutter and look back at the TV. He grips my waist pretty hard and I wince.

Ouchy.

"You are such a bad girlfriend." He whispers under his breath and I act like I don't hear him.

I know I'm a bad girlfriend. I mean, what girlfriend decides to sleep in another man's bed because her boyfriend left her at a store?

I'm so stupid.

I feel these dark thoughts take up my mind until it's ready to go to sleep.

As we walk up the stairs, his grip on my hand is hard, I try to let his hand go but he squeezed it tighter.

When we reach the room, we both start to get ready for bed. I change into one of his shirts and a pair of my shorts. I brush out my hair and wrap it up before doing facials.

While I'm getting ready, I can hear Adam shuffling around the room and I can hear stuff being tossed around. I wonder what he is doing?

When I'm all ready for bed, I look out of the bathroom and my eyes widen at our room. The bed is messed up, picture frames are broken against the ground, clothes are everywhere.

What did I do now?

"You fucking bitch! I knew you were fucking cheating on me." He laughs evilly and I get confused.

What?

"D-Darling what do you m-mean...?"

He throws my phone at me and I duck before it hits me in the face. It falls against the carpeted floor and I pick it up.

Unknown number

Hey, this is Rico. We need to talk.