Six

Make sure to comment and vote !!!

ARABELLA

My eyes snap open when I hear the front door open.

Rico.

Where is he? Why am I still under my bed?

Then I realize, it wasn't real.

He isn't here. He was never here.

I feel tears threaten to spill but I push them back in.

I hold my breath when the door opens and Adam's drunk and slurry voice fills the silence. "Baby? Ara baby~" he slurs and I sigh as I notice he isn't in a bad mood anymore.

I push my body from underneath the bed and watch as he locks eyes with me. He stumbles over to me and drags me out, I hiss from the pain.

He grips my bruised waist and pushes me towards him. He grips my body and picks me up as he leads me to the bed. He lays down with me on top of him.

My body aches with pain but I don't say anything, I just look at Adam.

Knowing he is in a good mood makes me feel less frightened. He clutches me close to him and soon enough, his deep snores fill the room.

He is asleep.

Good.

I slip out of his grip and walk to the bathroom, turning on the shower.

Since he is drunk, it's gonna take a lot to wake him up so I'm much more calmed down.

After I finished scrubbing the dried blood off and washing my hair, I step out with my pink fluffy towel.

I don't look in the mirror as I take off my towel and put on my work uniform.

After I'm finished, I straighten my hair and put it in a low bun with a few strands pulled out in the front.

Since it is Monday, after work I will have to stop by Adam's work to tell them he is feeling under the weather. In reality, they should fire him for barely ever being there.

Once I'm sure I'm ready, I walk downstairs and into the kitchen where I cook breakfast. I put his finished breakfast in the microwave to eat and I quickly eat my food so I'm not late.

I look out the window and notice it's sunny. Yay.

I decide I'm going to walk to the cafe since it is right around the corner. I grab my purse and phone before closing and locking the door on my way out.

As my feet hit the pavement, I think about my life.

I think about what it would be like if Adam didn't have anger and trust issues, I wonder what would've happened if I never met Rico, I wonder what would've happened if I never dated Adam.

Would I have been happier?

My thoughts are cut off by me falling against the pavement after hitting into a hard body. My wounds scream at me as my face scrunches up in pain.

"Woah, you okay gorgeous?" A British voice says and my eyes look up and land on a brunette. He has striking blue eyes with big fluffy brown hair, I can see his muscles bulge from his light blue sweater and his baggy tan jeans.

Wow. Holy cow.

"I- um... I'm okay." I feel a stinging pain on my hands so I lift them and cringe when I see the blood oozing from them.

He also looks down at my hands and his eyes widen. "Oh my gosh! I'm so so so so sorry!" He panics and grips my waist to help me up. My face heats up and I nervously fiddle with my fingers.

Work.

I check my light pink watch and my eyes bulge out of my face when I realize I need to get to work in 2 minutes. Oh no!

"I'm okay, I should've watched where I was going. I have to really go so goodbye and good day!" I shout at him as I run towards the cafe.

I burst through the cafe doors and I freeze in my spot when all eyes turn to me. Shoot.

I hurry towards the back room to grab additional accessories and to put up my things.

"One minute late."

I squeeze my eyes shut and turn around to see my boss, Joe. He is a petite small man with a big round belly. He has a long brown beard that has some grey in it and has a bald head with hair on the sides. He looks funny.

"I know Joe, something just came up." I sigh and rub my hands on my face, hissing when my cut touches my cheek.

"Geez- is that blood on your hands?! Go clean them up." He hurriedly tells me and I nod.

I hurry into the washroom and clean up my cutter hands. My hand jerking when I pore some disinfectant on it and it bubbles up.

I breathe through it and wrap some gauze on it.

I pat down my hair before going to the counter behind the register and doing my shift.

"Mommy mommy! Look!" A little girl screeches and the mom looks mentally and physically exhausted.

"What sweetie?" She says in a calm voice and I watch as the little girl shows her something on her iPad.

I remember having those.

I say hello to customers who walk in and take some orders. Since it's a pretty calm day, I spend most of my time reading my book.

It's hiding my face as I read and I gasp when one of the characters gets shot. Oh no. Is he going to die?!

I feel tears brim my eyes but they stop when I keep reading and realize that he was wearing a bullet vest.

Oh thank the heavens.

The bell rings above the door and I lower my book but my eyes still on it.

"Hello welcome to the Beanery!" I say to the person as I read my book.

The boy in my book kisses the girl passionately and tells her he isn't going anywhere. Why can't I have this?

I hear footsteps in front of me and I speak.

"Hello, what would you- OH MY GOLLY GOSH!" I blurt out when I see a big bunch of buff guys.

I look among the men and I slightly relax when I see the blue sweater guy and... Rico?
—————————————————————————