Chap 35 the little princess and scorpion

It is a cloudy day, and you and RNJR is following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora Valkyrie stretches her arms up wide.

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, June Arc reads a map while Ruby Rose and Lie Rin continue alongside them.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

June: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Rin: Walking.

Nora: aaanndd...?

You: more walking.

Ruby: (sighs) Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Rin: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

June: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

June: (looking up from the map to glare at her) What?!

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something! (not making eye contact) Look, whatever.

Ruby looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

June: That's... strange. (checking her map) I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

You: We should search for survivors!

June drops the map and all five go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

You: or here!

June: No one over here, either!

Rin: It almost seems like... the town was abandoned.

Ruby looks around while the others go offscreen, feeling unease in the wind.

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, June and Rin are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says.

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

June: Me neither.

Rin: I have.

The other four look at her, surprise on Nora and Ruby's faces.

Rin: You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run.

As Rin speaks, there are wide shots showing the various unfinished buildings, disrepair and neglect of the village.

Rin: Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future.

Rin walks away from the other three.

Rin: I know my parents did.

Ruby: What happened?