Chap 42 The difficult future

In an empty blackness, Quill Branwen's voice can be heard.

Quill: The City of Mistral...

Nora: Ugh! It's about time!

Quill, you and Team RNJR are walking through a stone brick tunnel illuminated by translucent lanterns.

Nora: Whose idea was it to walk again?

Rin: Well, we did face many obstacles. Broken airships, destroyed settlements...

June: Oh, and, you know, all those people and monsters that tried to murder us.

You: and my grimmformation that caught all of you by suprise

Ruby: Pfft, we were fine. (looking at Quill with a smile) Only one of us almost died

Quill: (looking at Ruby, smiling back) Hey.

Nora puts her hands on her hips and looks at Rin.

Rin: (looking at Nora) Hey.

Nora giggles in response.

June: So, how much farther to Haven Academy?

Quill: Almost there. But I figured I'd take you kids on the scenic route.

The group approaches a pair of large, wooden double doors, which Qrow opens, flooding the tunnel with sunlight. Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe.

 Ruby runs out onto a massive platform that doubles as an elevator, stopping at the railing to gaze out over the city in wide-eyed awe

Ruby: Wow!

The others join her to take in the view of buildings and stone stairways perched on mountains.

Ruby: This... is... awesome!

Below them, large crowds of people are going about their day - walking around, talking and buying merchandise legally and illegally.

Quill: It's certainly something.

Ruby: (noticing a kiosk selling weapons) Oh my gosh, look at all the weapons!

You: Ruby, we'll look at those later

Quill: Vendors here'll sell you just about anything... whether they should or not.

June: They really made the most out of these mountains.

Quill: Every inch. Stay away from the lower levels. The higher up you go, the nicer it gets.

Nora: And we are going up! (pointing upward)

(Meanwhile)

An Atlesian cargo airship flies over an enormous lake.

Weiss: So, how much farther?

Pilot: We're in the home stretch now.

In the pilot's box of the ship, Weiss and you stand in the back, leaning against a wall with Weiss arms crossed and you on your hips.