Chap 65 mending the broken

At the Argus base, the Atlesian guards watch the screen as Caroline Colossus is seen trying to swipe at the airship Maria and Octavia are in while trying to fight the giant you were piloting.

Cordovin: You just couldn't keep this rivalry between us, could you, Calavera?! You had to rope in children to fail with you!

The guards cheer on their boss as she fires another shot from the mech's arm cannon. Unbeknownst to them, a red dot appears on one of the radar's screens approaching Argus.

(Back at the cliffside) 

Ruby and the team were watching you fight Cordovin mecha. You clenched the three digit fist and smashed it against the main body of the Colossus

Octavia: Ruby!

Ruby regroups with Weiss, Rin, and Quill Branwen.

Octavia: (over comms) Ruby, can you hear me? Are you guys okay?

Ruby: Are we okay?!

Octavia: I know, we were supposed to lay low, but listen! I think I finally found a weakness!

Nora: Well, we're all ears.

Ruby and her friends notice Nora and June helping Pyrrha over.

Rin: (relieved) girls!

Rin runs over to her teammates.

Octavia: The cylinder on Cordo's cannon rotates and locks in a giant Dust cartridge every time she changes attack styles.

Weiss: We noticed.

Octavia: Right, but her missile launcher doesn't lock in, it pops out! Without her shields, one well-placed shot could detonate the missiles while they're still in the launcher!

June: We could destroy the entire cannon... Octavia, that's brilliant!

Pyrrha: Can you... make that kind of shot?

Ruby: We'll only get one chance before she catches on. I'd have to be practically staring down the barrel of her cannon.

Maria: Well, I've got a way to guarantee that.

Ruby: y/n did you-

You: I heard, I'll be sure to hold her in place.

Maria flies the airship back over to Ruby's group. She stops with the hatch doors open. Ruby runs forward.

Quill: Ruby, what are you doing?!

Ruby hops into the airship and heads off to do her part. The others watch the airship heading towards Cordo's and your mech fight. Ruby smiles at Maria and Octavia.

In the mech, one of the screens has a popup message saying "ARGUS BASE INCOMING CALL". Cordovin notices this, but her attention is then drawn away.

Maria: Hey, Cordo! I've got one missile left and I know exactly where I'm gonna stick it!

Cordovin: (chuckles) One missile you say? That's a shame, Maria, because I have plenty!

Cordovin has the missile launcher pop out from the mech's arm cannon but you hold it in place while holding the Mecha face plate. Maria continues flying toward her.

Octavia: ARE YOU TWO CRAZY?!!

Maria: Sometimes the best approach is simply the most direct!

As the airship moves closer, Ruby gets into position and aims at Cordovin's mech cannon. Cordovin gasps as she pulls up a screen, noticing Ruby and catching on to her plan.

Cordovin: You!

Ruby pulls the trigger, but suddenly, the missile launcher retracts back into the arm cannon and the bullet is deflected. Everyone gasps in shock. Cordovin the operate the cannon to punch you with it but you step back but the blade scrapes the outer shelling.