Chap 51 Menageries stand

We open to Octavia Pine, who is currently letting Ozpina take over, and Quill Branwen are seen sitting together. Quill takes a sip from her cup.

Quill: Things aren't looking good, Oz.

Ozpina: Ever the optimist. (sips from her cup) While I would not say our current predicament is... ideal, I think we can both agree that the situation could be much worse. Humanity is a resilient force.

Quill: Oz, pro Huntsmen like that don't just bite it all at once. Salem's powerful. It seems like her reach is growing by the day. What does that say about Humanity?

Ozpina: That there are indeed a misguided few who have filled their hearts with malice. It doesn't take a great number of people to cause harm, but I still believe there are far more people in this world willing to prevent it.

As Ozpina is about to take another sip, you then walk into the room.

You: Um, excuse me?

Ozpina: Ah, Mr l/n, join us. We were just about to gather everyone to discuss our next steps.

You: Oh, uh, great.

You go over and sat next to Quill who noticed your shaky nature

Quill: Something on your mind kiddo?

You:  umm, it's... if it's okay to ask.

Quill: Of course.

You: Well, uh... we've been talking about the Relic at Haven... and the Spring Maiden, but... what about the Fall Maiden?

Ozpina: Cinder?

You: Does that mean... Salem has the Beacon Relic?

Ozpina and Quill share a brief look with each other.

Ozpina: Very astute, Mr l/n, I was wondering who would be the first to ask. No, thankfully she does not. It's true that the Relic at Haven is very much at risk, and for now, that should remain our primary focus. Let's just say I made finding the Relic at Beacon a... bit more challenging than at the other schools.

You: Oh. (sighs in relief) That's good to hear.

Ozpina:  It is, but let's not forget the challenges that still lie before us.

You nod.

Ozpina: Now is there anything else we can help you with?

You: well this is Ruby's question.

Ozpina chuckles and shakes her head

Ozpina: No, my cane is not a Relic.

You: well I have no more questions

They all giggle.

Ozpina:  Yes, while this cane is indeed very precious to me, it is also just that - precious to me. While I admit it still has a few more tricks up its sleeve, I can firmly say that being a Relic isn't one of them. Now why don't you run and get the other students?

You were about to leave

You: but there's this one, it's not question at least, Cinder

Ozpina: yes, what's this regarding Mrs fall

You: I don't thinks she's evil

Quill: kid, she took half of a maiden, she brought beacon down heck, she tried kill you

You: but she didn't, she's planning on double crossing Salem, and she ment it

Ozpina: are you sure about this

You: I am sure, she's just planning on how to do it, she had an arrow aiming right in my face. But she didn't

Ozpina: if you believe, then we will