eleven

"so!", he closed the door as he put my suitcase plus all of my bags on the floor gently, getting rid of his shoes, followed by me doing the same. "my bathroom is right here", he opened a door on the left, right besides the entrance.
"soap, toothpaste, shampoo etc is just standing openly, the towels are here in the bottom drawer, medicine and useful medical stuff are in the one under the mirror."

we left the bathroom as i nodded in understanding, him leading me to the next room.
"on the right we have the most boring room ever. just a storage room with stuff to clean, stacks of toilet paper and so on. you get the drill."

"this room right here is where my washing machine and dryer are, please just don't destroy them.", he laughs about his joke. "i can't promise anything!", i threw my hands in the air, letting out a small laugh as well.

"now on the right we have the bedroom", he pushed the door open and hell he didn't lie when he said his bed was massive. it could fit five of me!

it had a big wardrobe with a mirror on it along the whole left wall and a desk in the right corner, right behind the bed. it had tons of monitors, a camera and a microphone on it. also some stuff i couldn't identify.
"i'll show you my streaming setup later." he smiled at me again. "i'll also make room for you in the wardrobe. just give me a second later."

"oh no you're doing enough already, you really don't have to-", "ash please, i won't let you live out of your bags and suitcase for 6 weeks or so. it's completely alright, imma just squish it on one side and you get the other one. trust me, it's fine!"

"thank you.", i looked up at him with a genuine, honest smile on my face. "you're an literal angel, you know that?

"you're cute, now come on, the kitchen right down the hall, just like the living room."

i followed him into the living room first, looking around. he has a small beige couch in front of a television, a carpet right underneath and two cabinets on the right side.

there was also is a pretty big balcony and a huge scratching post for his cat, that seems to be hiding right now.
"grey's somewhere in here, will come and say hi to you eventually.", he laughed. "that cat can be pretty shy at first, but it'll be alright."
"i hope so, no need to have a cat murder me because i'm in it's home without approval!", we both laughed again.

"last but not least, the kitchen. pretty self explanatory.", he leaned against the counter and showed me what's where before opening the fridge. "want a drink?"
"no thanks, i'm good.", i smiled up at him. he had to be at least half a foot taller than me.

"feel free to eat, drink and use everything without asking, no exceptions, take whatever you need or want, okay? i mean what i say.
i want you to feel like you're at home and we're just roommates", he smiled at me again.

"thank you endlessly karl, that means the world to me."
i pulled him into a tight hug that lasted longer than the last one, us both holding onto each other tightly.
my face was basically buried in his chest, his chin resting on my shoulder.

"no need to thank me darling. should we order pizza and play mario kart on the tv? i can teach you! it's fun,.i swear!"
"yeah, i'd like that."

and that's how we spent the rest of the night.
i was actually getting pretty good and tired towards midnight, causing me to almost fall asleep during a race.

karl looked at me with a smile. "wanna go to bed?"
i nod slightly as he turned off the device, helping me up gently.
his arms rests around my waist as he helps me reach the bedroom without falling asleep or tripping, i was already half gone.

he decided to not care about our night time routines since i can't really do anything anymore, neither thinking about getting changed, he just lays me down, wraps me up in a blanket and says good night before i feel my lids getting heavier and heavier as i drive off to sleep.